Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

found churchills and m10 bulldog

Article about: I bags first ride in the drivers seat when she's rebuilt! I just love Churchill tanks, you can keep your Shermans and Tigers, give me a Churchill ANYTIME Regards etc Ian D

?

Default Re: found churchills and m10 bulldog

I bags first ride in the drivers seat when she's rebuilt!

I just love Churchill tanks, you can keep your Shermans and Tigers, give me a Churchill ANYTIME

Regards etc

Ian D

the churchills my favourite tank too

well fella's i've been busy these last few months and i've picked up a tank or two along the way. enjoy

eddy

who can identify them ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture found churchills and m10 bulldog   found churchills and m10 bulldog  

found churchills and m10 bulldog   found churchills and m10 bulldog  

found churchills and m10 bulldog  

I Know nothing about tanks but those bits look awesome, I would love to own one myself but I havn't got the money or the knowledge, I'll have to stick to motorbikes.

Eddy,
    Where did you find them, and are they now yours?

hi fella's

your not gonna believe this but the first tank was on ebay, well the turret was but nobody bid on it so after the auction i rang the seller and bought it for £1500 then when i went down to see him, the hull was sitting there ready to be scrapped so i bought that aswell for £2000 and that was it. the carrier cost £5500 and came from minnesota+ (£3000 shipping) the other 2 tanks i bought from the same seller as the first tank and the truck came from a guy in ramsgate but i only bought it for the engine which is going in my carrier.
    the really good news is i've got a chance of getting on the ranges (legally) next year to collect bits for the first tank and maybe anything else i can find.
    if you go back to the first 2 pages of the thread and read the posts from the many people who took the chance to put me down initially, you'll see that if you want something you have to ignore the majority and make you're own way, there's plenty of people out there who will help you out once you get known.

all the best

eddy

So within a year you have got yourself 3 tanks... wow

Please keep us updated as to how the restorations are coming along.

If you need any help on the ranges send me a pm, as I'm up for a walk to see what can be found

With regards, and hats off to the man that made his dream come true, Simon.

LOL,
    i reconises those tanks, i used to volenteer for the seller!!
    i used to live quite close by
    i wish id know he was selling the turret i had my eye on it, atleast i know it went to a good home! we abouts in the country are you based?
    regards Mad.ideas

Reg
    ?

Hey up Eddy, im sure I posted back at the beginning that I thought you were crackers and wished you luck...cant find the post now....but just for the record I still think your crackers! Bloody well done.

Reg )

thanks guys it's nice to be proved right in the end. i plan to set up a group of enthusiasts to restore and display ww2 armour, i've bought a piece of land recently near to my home in hyde manchester and i'm busy working on it setting up the yard and workshop area ready to take delivery of the armour when it's ready for collection so if anyone out there wants to get involved drop me a pm and join the club

all the best

eddy

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast