Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Found a pocketwatch on omaha

Article about: Thanks very much for your words about my very modest person Dave.Sometimes i do start like a forest fire,this was the case here. You know guys,as a member of some french collectors forum,i h

Default Re: Found a pocketwatch on omaha

Thanks very much for your words about my very modest person Dave.Sometimes i do start like a forest fire,this was the case here.
    You know guys,as a member of some french collectors forum,i have to fight(really...)every day against the new generation,always ready to forget your parents or great parents 's sacrifice for our actual freedom.
    It's a real shame to see them so attracted by the dark side of the TR.On all the forums i know,15 years old guys are writing that if the US forces came in Europe ,it was for raping ,destruction, and colonisation of France.You will be so disapointed when reading that the negro forces of the US Army were responsible of thousands of rapes in Normandie...(i read it really!)Everytime,they have troubles with me.This is not real!!Part of this is real,not all.Young generation here is about to re-write our mutual history,and it makes me sick.
    So once again,i apologize for my french rudeness in my former reply,but i think it could be clearer for you now..

?

Good on errorbugg for not taking the attack personally too It's all well and good to have strong feelings about something, but a simple question to clarify what someone means would avoid the possibility of 'fires' altogether, no?

And VERY well done cricketchris- I would've said the same thing about a pocket watch found on a beach: it could have been lost any time and that 1944 was a far outside possibility, but clearly a compass of that type nails it down to definitely 6.6.44... that's pretty cool.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

?

Hi, i'm Errorbugg but have been ceased due to inactivity. Had to register again, as Deuce.
    Really nice all of you helped me in the research of my find. And the best of all, it really seemes o be a 6.6.44 item

Some of you accused me for being out for money or beeing ignorant of the war. Im from sweden, thank God we were'nt involved. But my mother and all her relatives was. She told me alot of stories before she died. She was from the northern Finland and experinced three wars, the winter war, the Continous war and the Lapland war.

When she was at the age of six she was evacuated from Petsamo (now russia) when the Russians attacked the 1th of Nov 1939. She was thrown up to a lorry (truck) when eating breakfast and watched the finnish soldiers setting their home on fire. (To prevent the Russians to use it). My grand ma was hired by the Germans to cook, as they were allied. My uncle suffered from war-spychosis until he died. Stories of living without parents, evacuated in childhomes. Looking for food in outburned cellars.
    It is also called the forgotten war.

The US compasses that Cricketchris has shown are far more intact, and as such
    will be worth more as collectibles than the 3 rusted, barely recognisable pieces
    first shown, which I think are too far gone to be of any significant collector
    value - except to you Errorbugg/Deuce - because as Lithgow says,
    you found them................!
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Yes, i will not sell it either. But it is anyway something unique, and I found it

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4