Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fuselage parts found

Article about: Hi guys, The parts I will post pictures of here I found at a former RADwJ labor camp in my area. I do not know of a crash location in the direct vicinity of the camp. I assume they were coll

Default Fuselage parts found

Hi guys,

The parts I will post pictures of here I found at a former RADwJ labor camp in my area. I do not know of a crash location in the direct vicinity of the camp. I assume they were collected by the RAD females at another location and then thrown away. I found some parts in a burn pit and some here and there under the soil.

The parts are nicely numbered. Can someone help me identifying these? There was lots of RAF and USAAF bomber activity in this area, with numerous being shot down by nightfighters and AA.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fuselage parts found   Fuselage parts found  

Fuselage parts found   Fuselage parts found  

These are the codes on the wing part
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fuselage parts found  

you have,part of a German gasmask filter and a motorcycle headlight top.rest no idea.

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    you have,part of a German gasmask filter and a motorcycle headlight top.rest no idea.
    I have no idea how I could not recognize the piece of gasmask filter, but you are right! Thank you.
    All other parts should be aircraft parts, what part do you say is a motorcycle headlight top?

Chris

the item with the 3 holes,looks like a pre war headlight cover,but I could be wrong.

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    the item with the 3 holes,looks like a pre war headlight cover,but I could be wrong.
    It has the same part codes as the other parts. It is the only part I can identify as part of a wing fuselage.

Chris

On the first flange bracket, the reference begins G5389.
    G5 was the Manufacturer Code of Gloster Aircraft Company.... but its not a Gloster Inspection stamp. That would be: G**** or GA****
    Almost all of the Hawker Typhoons were built by Gloster. The Typhoon sub-reference number was 26BX.

The number 5747 and 5747F is shown a few times.
    The 5th picture from the top also show this number, followed by 'G9942'.
    As seen here:
    Fuselage parts found

So it's highly likely this aircraft was manufactured by Gloster, is that what you're saying?
    Thank you for your input, I highly appreciate it.
    I also asked the help of Mr. Stephen Taylor from the group 'WW2 RRPG', he and his friend are known with aircraft parts (his youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/ww2relichunter)
    I quote from him:
    "One other thing that could indicate a Halifax Mk I is the 57xxxxx part number on the second item. Coupled with the EEP check stamp, this could well indicate a Halifax. However, none of the part numbers were complete and, without a better part and a complete number, the ID is 'best guess'.

We could discount lots of other aircraft types, so this does help with the ID. But, as I have said, it is an educated guess given the stamps you have shown us. If you get anything else from the same site, please let us know as they may provide more information to confirm the ID."

Chris

gents if the number starts with 57 it is always a Halifax combined with EEP it has to be Englisch Electric Preston the builder of the Halifax. So 100% halifax parts

mistermojo
    ?

Hi there, With regards to the G5389 stamp. I have a Hawker Hurricane Mk1 pilots seat and the bottom bracket is stamped G3589 in an oval. Hope this helps :-)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast