Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Fuselage parts found

Article about: Hi guys, The parts I will post pictures of here I found at a former RADwJ labor camp in my area. I do not know of a crash location in the direct vicinity of the camp. I assume they were coll

Quote by mistermojo View Post
    Hi there, With regards to the G5389 stamp. I have a Hawker Hurricane Mk1 pilots seat and the bottom bracket is stamped G3589 in an oval. Hope this helps :-)
    Hi Mojo,

That sure does open some doors.
    Perhaps it's a Gloster built aircraft after all?
    In 2015 I was helped by the kind mr. Taylor from WW2 Relic Retrieval and Preservation Group
    Quoting him:
    "If the code in the circle is EEP, the aircraft will either be a Hampden or Halifax. All numbers in circles are inspection check stamps or manufacturer stamps, not part numbers. "
    "One other thing that could indicate a Halifax Mk I is the 57xxxxx part number on the second item. Coupled with the EEP check stamp, this could well indicate a Halifax. However, none of the part numbers were complete and, without a better part and a complete number, the ID is 'best guess'.
    We could discount lots of other aircraft types, so this does help with the ID. But, as I have said, it is an educated guess given the stamps you have shown us. If you get anything else from the same site, please let us know as they may provide more information to confirm the ID."

Chris

Quote by Niedersachsen View Post
    Hi Mojo,

That sure does open some doors.
    Perhaps it's a Gloster built aircraft after all?
    In 2015 I was helped by the kind mr. Taylor from WW2 Relic Retrieval and Preservation Group
    Quoting him:
    "If the code in the circle is EEP, the aircraft will either be a Hampden or Halifax. All numbers in circles are inspection check stamps or manufacturer stamps, not part numbers. "
    "One other thing that could indicate a Halifax Mk I is the 57xxxxx part number on the second item. Coupled with the EEP check stamp, this could well indicate a Halifax. However, none of the part numbers were complete and, without a better part and a complete number, the ID is 'best guess'.
    We could discount lots of other aircraft types, so this does help with the ID. But, as I have said, it is an educated guess given the stamps you have shown us. If you get anything else from the same site, please let us know as they may provide more information to confirm the ID."

Chris
    Hoi Chris,

As said before EEP and 57xxx number is a Halifax, that is not a educated guess anymore but 100%. We did some 200 aircraft sites and lotof halifaxes so we know for SURE!!

groeten

'Joop Hendrix from Planehunters (| Belgium Recovery Team) or see facebook Planehunters or facebook factory stamps WW2 aircraft.

The gas mask filter is for the civillian Volksgasmaske.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fuselage parts found  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2