pikas
    ?

Default Re: Fw 190

Now she is flying!

Unbelievable!

?

Wow... normally I'd agree about 'restoration'- I just hate to see any original paint and markings destroyed but if it means bringing something like this bird 'back to life', well that's hard to have a problem with... amazing. Is there any other flying FW190 anywhere else in the world? I can't think of one...
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

Here is a list of surviving examples:

fw190

Cheers, Ade.

What ever happened to the FW190 that was found relatively intact in the Leningrad-area forest back in 1990?

?

I'd prefer to see it in original condition. I heard that the pilot's body was found near the plane
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    What ever happened to the FW190 that was found relatively intact in the Leningrad-area forest back in 1990?
    Hi, this is the same bird. Re- read the thread from the start.

Cheers, Ade.

?

What a shame! Unique original paintwork destroyed, half of the original aircraft dumped and replaced with new made parts for airworthness, then probably it is a matter of time to see it end in a ball of fire and black smoke, just like it happens to at least 2-3 "restored" warbirds each year! If someone needs a flying FW-190, there is FlugWerk with their new built excellent replica aircraft. But no, lets destroy the last original plane of the kind! How sad...

?

IMO it is the same as a bikers use original helmets, removed liner with replaced "fit to" and scratched original paint and applied new lacquer.... I 've seen some of the Soviet I-15 and I-16 planes, made nowadays, they are well flying birds, and excellent replicas made by all the old schemes...
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

There are enough partly- and unrestored FW190 around.
    But none of them is flying, and most impotarnt: NO ONE has the original engine, this bird does.

Maybe removing the engine would have been enough - but hey, this bird was meant to fly, and now it's resurrected.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast