Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

FW 190 up from the Bottom.

Article about: I don't know if any of you have seen this, but all I have is this link. Pictures are on the left side of web page. If anyone has more info on this one, please post. Bob. Catalog-1

robertnobody
    ?

Default FW 190 up from the Bottom.

I don't know if any of you have seen this, but all I have is this link. Pictures are on the left side of web page. If anyone has more info on this one, please post.
    Bob.

Catalog-1

?

Default Re: FW 190 up from the Bottom.

There was a show on TV several weeks ago about it. I think it was on The History Channel or The Discovery Channel. It was recovered off the coast of Norway.

Best Regards,
    Mike

nice, thanks for the link.

rgds, Ty

OKW
    ?

How did it get there. The props not bent as it would be if the engine was running when it hit. Did it land on ice, even a landing on water would have caused more damage than this.

Just thought i would make a little update on this. The FW-190 A-3 was stationed at Herdla airport and the pilot got engine trouble when returning to base, he landed in the sea and the pilot got out, it was recovered in 2006(?) And they had plans on restoring completely, but that did not happen, they have cleaned it and they are keeping it in "As found" condition, i am told it is on display at Herdla museum, I am going there in the summer, so i will find out then.
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

?

Quote by colletorww2 View Post
    Just thought i would make a little update on this. The FW-190 A-3 was stationed at Herdla airport and the pilot got engine trouble when returning to base, he landed in the sea and the pilot got out, it was recovered in 2006(?) And they had plans on restoring completely, but that did not happen, they have cleaned it and they are keeping it in "As found" condition, i am told it is on display at Herdla museum, I am going there in the summer, so i will find out then.
    Look forward to some photos Vegar .
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Too bad they are not going to fully restore it. I also would like to see photos of it's condition now Vegar.

Jay

Hopefully I will remember it...
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

My memory is not so great anymore either vegar. We will give you a reminder before summer gets here. A memory nudge always helps.

Take care,
    Jay

Hehe, I will remember to visit the plane, but I usually forget to post pictures on the forum.
    Best Regards

Vegard T.