Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

German aircraft part numbers

Article about: Hi all I have lists of American and British aircraft part numbers, but have not yet found any resource for identifying German aircraft from part numbers shown on aircraft parts. Does anyone

Default German aircraft part numbers

Hi all

I have lists of American and British aircraft part numbers, but have not yet found any resource for identifying German aircraft from part numbers shown on aircraft parts.

Does anyone know of a resource that can give me this information? It doesn't need to be a full parts list, just a general listing of how the part numbers work and, possibly, how they were allocated to each aircraft type. For instance, the Americans used a system of number prefixes on their aircraft parts, which conveniently IDs the type of aircraft to which the part belonged. Did the Germans have a similar system?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Oh, and Russian aircraft too

Thanks

Steve T

Luftwaffe parts were usually marked with an "FL" number.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks Ade. Any way of differentiating between parts for an ME109 and FW190 for instance? I understand both would have FL part numbers, but was that the only system ?

I just Googled "Luftwaffe Parts Reference Codes"...and was impressed with the results...
    cheers, Glenn

Thanks Glenn. Some decent resources there

Now, what about Russian aircraft? How were their parts marked ?

Cannot help on that one, sorry....
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I'll get my diary out, hang on.

****Writes 'Found something that Ade doesn't know anything about with regards WW2' on today's page****

?

Most luftwaffe 'unique to type' castings have the aircraft type in the part number: R8.109, R8.190, R8.87 etc. Typical German efficiency and very easy to identify!

Excellent ! Thanks Ian_