Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Got given this old relic that is off a tank any help be great

Article about: Got given this old relic that is off a tank ment to be ww1 / ww2 era . trying to identify what tank it came off . any help be great

Default Got given this old relic that is off a tank any help be great

Got given this old relic that is off a tank ment to be ww1 / ww2 era . trying to identify what tank it came off . any help be great Got given this old relic that is  off a tank  any help be greatGot given this old relic that is  off a tank  any help be great

Looks alot like the bottom of my wood burning stove, The bit which gives me access to remove the ash. Hope I am wrong.

It's rather large and came from an old military base apparently

Looks a bit like the drivers hatch on a British Mk 1 ........
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Got given this old relic that is  off a tank  any help be great  
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Can you take photos with a ruler so we can get an idea of the dimensions, How thick is it. I am not sure either what purpose the decorative beading at the bottom would have served either.

Default MORE pictures

the beading at the bottom looks as though it is for the purpose of over lapping another piece of metal. like a hatch or something . I'v included pictures with a tape measure . the lady that gave it to me said it was used in a military display and if she comes across the info she will pass it on to me . I was just hoping someone here would know .Got given this old relic that is  off a tank  any help be greatGot given this old relic that is  off a tank  any help be greatGot given this old relic that is  off a tank  any help be greatGot given this old relic that is  off a tank  any help be greatGot given this old relic that is  off a tank  any help be greatGot given this old relic that is  off a tank  any help be greatGot given this old relic that is  off a tank  any help be great

?

It looks like one of the swinging viewing ports ( there were 2) from a Bren Gun Carrier..JMT

Dean O
    Ajax Canada

If anyone will be able to give a difinitive it will be here, Would be great if a photo of it in use could be located.

yeh that would be great

- - ------- - -

and thanks robin

I don't mean to be negative but the construction doesn't look Tank like, the rivets are to small and week, even by WW1 standards. It also looks to be cast and cast armour tends to be very heavy and very thick as thin castings can be cracked by shock, i.e. hit with a shell.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast