Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

GS 30CWT lorry body

Article about: Hi Guys, I have Austin K30 1940 with modified GS body, I would like make it back in correct shape. Can somebody help me with plans and pictures?

?

Default GS 30CWT lorry body

Hi Guys,
    I have Austin K30 1940 with modified GS body, I would like make it back in correct shape.

Can somebody help me with plans and pictures?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture GS 30CWT lorry body  

CMc
    ?

Default Re: GS 30CWT lorry body

Hi, I realise this is a very old thread, I've just linked to it from one of your more recent threads. That's a truly lovely old lorry, have you made any progress with restoring it back to standard?

Regarding pictures etc, the best source I've been able to find is this link:

Engines of the Red Army in WW2 - Austin K30

What's been done to your old Austin that you're needing to convert back to standard, it looks quite good already?

?

I know this webpage. Many thanks.
    On my lory is wrong: the GS body is shortened and thined, I thing the side panels are incorect. I donĀ“t know correct fiting place for spare wheal (bihind the cab, but where) Front light are Czechchoslovak made, but i have still original one. Now I need the support light bar and brackets.

CMc
    ?

I see, well if I come accross any K30s with the General Service body, at shows or anything, I'll be sure to get some good pictures for you. There are often a few Second World War-era vehicles at car shows here in the UK so you never know.

?

I have found around the world on the internet only this surviving
    Austin K30, K2 and K3 register
    I need contact on this owner. This renovation is what i would like!!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture GS 30CWT lorry body  

CMc
    ?

That is a nice one, it's unusual to see vehicles restored in the RAF blue/grey too. Maybe the owner would be able to send you some close-up pictures and measurements of the parts on his Austin that are unoriginal on yours?

When funds permit I'd love to own something like that, I'm quite partial to K2 ambulances mind you (I suppose that's probably because I work with ambulances and similar vehicles a lot and like old ambulances generally, military and civilian.), that and Hillman and Humber staff cars etc, I always was a bit of a Rootes Group fan as well as liking old military vehicles.