Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

HE 162 for sale!

Article about: O.K. so it's an insane idea, but I think it would still be cool. You guys are right. By the time they fabricated all the parts, you wouldn't have but 10% of the original plane left. I didn't

Default Re: HE 162 for sale!

O.K. so it's an insane idea, but I think it would still be cool. You guys are right. By the time they fabricated all the parts, you wouldn't have but 10% of the original plane left. I didn't realize they had wood in this particular model. It makes me sick when I see old photos of the allies bulldozing all the german planes damaged at the airstrips.

Take care,
    Jay

i have seen replica me262 on utube but have nor seen the real deal flying.
    would love to find a plane like the p38 in the ice at greenland that in flying now.
    Andy

Ridge
    ?

Any of these will do, thank you

Those are all gorgous birds there Ridge. Like Andy said, I'm sure there are more just waiting to be found under the ice or in the bogs of the world. Wish I had the money to find one.

Jay

?

And there's one here in Canada at the Aviation Museum in Ottawa- sadly it's still in the storage area, where it's been since I last saw it in 1992, and likely since 1964 when they got it. At least it's still in its original paint and they haven't 'restored' it with that horrible gloss stuff museums seem to love putting on military aircraft...
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

?

how much?

?

Just click on the link in the first post- 450k GBP... not chump change for sure
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

bill beamon
    ?

Quote by lithgow View Post
    I have to agree there-scrapping continued into the fifties and beyond-see the B ritish TSR1 & Canadian Avro Arrow-are there any flying Me262s left?
    Five exact replica ME-262s were started at the Texas Airplane Factory years ago by Herb Tischler. These were taken over by an outfit in Wash state. A complete, flyable single seat bird went to the Messerschmitt or War Museum in Munich. A two seat version currently tours with the Collings Foundation (rides were available! Me-262 - The Collings Foundation). A third is for sale, I think. I don't think the last two airframes were completed. They use J85s. Keeping Jumo 004Bs flightworthy at this point would be silly.
    OBTW- I flew on the '909'... unforgettable...

Bill Beamon

It is amazing to think of, building new WW2 jetplanes =) somebody really has some money to spend, it cool.

Take a look at this webpage:
    STORMBIRDS.COM - Luftwaffe Resources
    and you'll see the 262's flying.

Jean

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast