Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

HE 162 for sale!

Article about: O.K. so it's an insane idea, but I think it would still be cool. You guys are right. By the time they fabricated all the parts, you wouldn't have but 10% of the original plane left. I didn't

Default Re: HE 162 for sale!

Quote by sitges1990 View Post
    O.K. so it's an insane idea, but I think it would still be cool. You guys are right. By the time they fabricated all the parts, you wouldn't have but 10% of the original plane left. I didn't realize they had wood in this particular model. It makes me sick when I see old photos of the allies bulldozing all the german planes damaged at the airstrips.

Take care,
    Jay
    The He-162 was to be mass produced using non strategic materials and flown by hastily trained HJ.

Could you inmagine flying this around the states, or over your home town.

Brian
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HE 162 for sale!  

Quote by lithgow View Post
    I have to agree there-scrapping continued into the fifties and beyond-see the B ritish TSR1 & Canadian Avro Arrow-are there any flying Me262s left?
    There is one flyable ME 262 Twin Seat Trainer at the Aviation Museum at Willow Grove Naval Air Station in Willow Grove PA

I have seen it many times.

And here is a pic of it at the museum, and the link;

Messerschmitt ME262 B-1a "Schwalbe" - Delaware Valley Historical Aircraft Association

There are others great pics of it on the site.

Brian
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HE 162 for sale!  

?

Who would be nuts enugh to take on the task of restoring an old plane!

Ohh wait....

...some guys I know of, assembled this baby out of parts from all over Europe

I have seen the private barn, where it is kept among an impressive collection. The plane, field guns, motorbikes, cars, Kübelwagen and a tank, MK108 etc etc

A pleasant way to spend every Saturday for the rest of your life.....................!

(Gorgeous planes all of them !)

Regards, Steve.

The Salamander He 162 was famous for being almost impossible to fly, even experienced pilots had trouble with the balance of the plane.

Imagine a wooden plane with a huge jet on top of you, add some highly flammable fuel, lots of ammo, and a weak undercarriage when landing.

No wonder there is no recorded victories from this plane.

Tiger83
    ?

I do hope when they make it fly again.. they would give them more reliable engines than the original Jumo bull shit engines.

Cheers

Quote by Tiger83 View Post
    I do hope when they make it fly again.. they would give them more reliable engines than the original Jumo bull shit engines.

Cheers
    The German engines developed during wartime and lacking certain strategic materials were quite good. And if I recall off the top of my head the 162 used the BMW 003.

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    A pleasant way to spend every Saturday for the rest of your life.....................!
    but a shame not to share it with the (interested) public.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast