Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Hurricane p3208

Article about: I don't know who told you this rubbish about the KENT B.O.B museum but I suggest you visit it.its the largest collection of B.O.B in the world.for security reasons cameras and recording item

Default Re: Hurricane p3208

I don't know who told you this rubbish about the KENT B.O.B museum but I suggest you visit it.its the largest collection of B.O.B in the world.for security reasons cameras and recording items are not allowed.the only people who dont get in are known relic thieves.harry.

harry what rubbish a lot of the planes there are repro that are combinded with some original i beleive there to be a few whole original planes there but thats it. i can't exactly see how they know who is a "relic theif" and who isn't

tom

hi tt.they do not make claims that the planes real or use relics from known aircraft on the replicas.and yes they do know the id and names of the light finger brigade. from the way you talk you must know andy saunders.harry

sorry harry ive never met a guy called andy saunders i only said what i said because they only really write if its a replica in small print and i think it should be made known by just desplaying the original relic parts away from the replica planes so that people can admire the actual parts and not what they think is the whol original plane

tom

hi tom,thats exactly what they do,you can spend a whole day there and still not see it all.its well worth at least one visit,but Iam sure you would go again.

i probably will go again and see if anythings changed but my point is a lot of relic peices are attached to a replica plane and they pass it off as a wholey original plane

tom

?

Are you suggesting this Mr Saunders is one of the thieves? Your post reads that way and I would be careful what you say on public forums if I were you! My comment was based on the comments of people who had visited the museum that I read on the Aeroflight website, which I have used for information on other museums before visiting them - I was a volunteer and major exhibitor at another museum so do know a bit more than most about some of the problems they face, but still think such draconian rules are over the top and have not come across anything similar outside the odd commercially run military Museum on the continent - where the main concern seemed ro be infringement of some sort of assumed copyright so they could sell their own books. I was advised by a well respected author that if the owners of the museum knew that I was also an author and aviation archeaologist that I would be barred - as they had been, so the excuse of it being to solely deter thieves seems to be only partly true?

im a thinking this tread is getting a wee bit out of control here andy saunders has nothing to do with hurricane p3208 lets now just finish off by saying i hope you got the information you wanted martin and if you need any advice or help don't be afraid to post "the end"

good day
    tom

p.o. bland rest's gravesend cemetry.I agree talltom close it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2