Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Hurricane wreck with pilot recovery. Northern Russia

Article about: any pics of the grave of the soviet pilot that was salvaged ??

churchlover
    ?

Default Re: Hurricane wreck with pilot recovery. Northern Russia

Amazing pictures. This would not be allowed in Britain. What happened to pilot Lazarev's flying gear? Was everything buried with him?

Nikki

Deeply moving.I too believe this brave airman should be buried with the dignity he deseres and not be subjected to an autopsy.Its clear to see how he and many many others like him died.Fighting for what they believed in.My own late father served in the RAF and never once spoke of his experiences and im shure it stayed with him for the rest of his life.May they finally rest in peace.
    Last edited by snailster66; 05-15-2010 at 07:09 PM.

Amazing. Nowadays, it is rare to find a wrecked plane, and the perfectly preserved remains of the pilot. Simply, amazing

Absolutely amazing!Has anybody noticed the gold mushroom,the little pig and what looks like a necklace or another piece of women's jewelry?They sure must have belonged to his girlfriend or wife and given to him as a keepsake,or he may have bought and brought them with him when he had to scramble...not to return to his base anymore!Even these little details are extremely fascinating in that tell us that this pilot was but a young man with a life that was identical to everybody else's here...if it wasn't for the War!That's what has impressed me the most...I'd love to know more about that little gold mushroom...moving!He even had German coins in his pockets!
    Further...it's amazing how the papers have been preserved...and the fleece of his flying suit!There sure must be dozens of well preserved airmen,tank crews or even "common" soldiers out there,but I'd rather leave them undisturbed in their last resting place,just like it's done (or should be done) with the crews of sunken ships and subs!
    It's sad to see that his feet have been severed and that his face has been terribly smashed upon hitting the dashboard/sight ..that's what had happened to Adolf Galland when he first crashed..his facial bones were badly damaged and although he did heal his face bore the signs of that accident forever!
    May he rest in peace now!
    Great story
    Cheers
    Manny
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hurricane wreck with pilot recovery. Northern Russia  

I've taken a second look at the pictures;what is a "Notabwurf.." plate found inside the cockpits of Luftwaffe aircraft doing amongst the remains?And the German coins)And the Knives?Hope these things,including the jewelry hasn't been looted from the wreckage of a German aircraft downed by Lazerev or else that would be like a cold shower...a VERY cold shower!
    Don't want to p#ss on the parade by any means neither-less than less-playing the Devil's advocate but as I was touched by the small mushroom at the same time I couldn't help asking myself what several pieces of German-made stuff were doing there!The knives and the plate may have been souvenirs but the rest?I still want to stay with my first thoughts about the jewelry because I don't want to be unfair towards a fallen young man.
    As I'm writing I'm looking at the pictures I've saved and many details pop out....there are rounds of ammo that look like German 8x57 cartridges....could it be that there's more in that swamp?Can we say with 100% certainty that another plane,a German one,hasn' crashed there after Lazarev's?
    Cheers
    Manny

?

Doe's Lazarev have any next of kin that is still alive and was contacted?
    My center is giving way, my right is in full retreat; situation excellent. I shall attack. ~ Marshal Foch

paul woodbyrne
    ?

Very sad, to see but glad that he was found, hope this brings some comfort to any relitives, still alive he was some ones son.

Schutzstaffel
    ?

I have a link to a site that gives you more info and pics of the hurricane Boris was killed in. check it out Hawker Hurricane IIa Z2768

?

Thanks for posting. Amazing what they have been able to do with the wreck so far.

?

Amazing photos of the restoration.
    Now Sergeant Lazarev has a second memorial honouring him.

Questions:
    Is the restoration a "static", "taxiable", or a "flyer"?
    Where is the aircraft at the moment?

TIA,

Don

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast