Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Information on Ar234 (F1+AS) crash after Ludendorff bridge bombing

Article about: Hi Guys, Have never though to post this till today but I though to ask if anyone has any pics, info or articles that they know of in regards to the crash of an Arado Ar 234B-2,Wk.Nr. 140342

Default Information on Ar234 (F1+AS) crash after Ludendorff bridge bombing

Hi Guys,

Have never though to post this till today but I though to ask if anyone has any pics, info or articles that they know of in regards to the crash of an Arado Ar 234B-2,Wk.Nr. 140342 (F1+AS) flown by Ofw.Friedrich Bruchlos,8./KG 76 during the attack at Remagen 9th March 1945.

On the afternoon of the 9th of March the first bombers involved were a pair of Ar 234s carrying SC 250 bombs; that flown by Ofw. Friedrich Bruchlos of 8./KG 76 was hit by ground fire from 634th AAA AW Battalion, US Army, the crew being that of Number 2 Gun of the First Platoon of Battery B, based at Erpel. The aircraft crashed in German-held territory and its wreck was discovered and identified by aviation historian Werner Girbig in 1975.

I have a piece of the aircraft, with what's left of blue underside paint on the rivet heads. I am in the process of getting more but would like pics and info related to the crash, aircraft and pilot if possible. Might be a long shot but you never know whats out there.

Here is my piece:
    Information on Ar234 (F1+AS)  crash after Ludendorff bridge bombing

Many thanks
    Jason

Default Re: Information on Ar234 (F1+AS) crash after Ludendorff bridge bombing

Werner Girbig wrote about this crash and the search/recovery he conducted on this aircraft. Book was published in the 70's I think. Werner Girbig died a few years back, but he had published three books on German aircraft recoveries and co-authored several others, one with Hans Ring. Google his name on Amazon.de
    I have the books in my house near Aachen, but I am currently stationed in Kentucky.
    Danny