Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Ju 52

Article about: Perfectly preserved Nazi plane which crashed on way to hell of the Eastern Front is found at the bottom of the sea | Mail Online I don't know if anyone has seen this!....

Fascinating! They have brought up some interesting artifacts

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Very interesting article, Paul.

Here is a similar thread for reference: Iron Annie flies again - Divernet

A Ju-52/3m series ??

Cheers!
    Taka

?

An amazing discovery. Thanks for posting Gunny. Always find the personal items rather sad...

?

Very well preserved, hope they can raise it in the future, but i do wish these national papers would stop using the term "Nazi" just to sensationalise and sell papers, then in the same breath use its correct definition ie "Luftwaffe aircraft", everything they print re Germany in the war years is branded Nazi, it really does get my goat

It does look as though they may have been lost and ran out of fuel as it can be seen that whilst not feathered, the props weren't turning at the time of the apparent ditching.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.