Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

King tiger in Denmark

Article about: sturmhunter, glad I could help

Kugelblitz
    ?

Default King tiger in Denmark

HI. i have a book with an very interesting picture in it, namely an King tiger used for clearing minefields at the westcoast of Denmark. The title of the book is Atlantvolden ved Ringkøbing. Does anybody know if there for sure has been an king tiger in denmark or what happend with it, the picture shows a lot of english soldiers at the Tiger. The book was published in 1983.

John

sturmhunter
    ?

Default Re: King tiger in Denmark

this sounds intresting.i haven;t seen the book or photo though but i want to,spose you can't post it up here

Kugelblitz
    ?

I will try to scan the photo from the book as soon as possible.

Quote by sturmhunter View Post
    this sounds intresting.i haven;t seen the book or photo though but i want to,spose you can't post it up here
    Hi Sturmhunter

Sorry slightly off thread but the Sturmmorser in your profile pic, was that taken at Sinsheim museum in Germany?

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

sturmhunter
    ?

heya,
    sorry i don't know where it was taken ,it was one that came up when i did a search for sturmtigers.i think there is only one left so guess this is the one you know is in a museum,i have seen the barrel that is in the bovi tank museum but if i could find eny ww2 tank it would have to be one of these bad boyz
    BTW enyone know how meany sturmtigers are out there still?

It looks identical to the one I saw in Sinsheim. I have a still photo of it but no scanner at pres.

When I can I will scan it and send it to you.

Its an amazing museum if ever you are in south of Germany you must visit

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Hi I belive the Danes were given the Tiger buy the French, It ended it's day's as a target and left the range in the back of two dump trucks

Survivors!
    * Sturmtiger #250174 is on display at the Deutsches Panzermuseum at Munster. This vehicle is currently on loan from the Wehrtechnische Studiensammlung in Koblenz.
    * A Sturmtiger is on display at the Kubinka Tank Museum in Russia. This vehicle is believed to have been captured by advancing Red Army units in the Elbe area in April 1945.
    * A 380 mm Raketen-Werfer is in the collection of the Bovington Tank Museum.

Sturmhunter, this site may help you with an answer to how many sturmtigers are still out there. The site seems to be very good at listing all surviving WW2 and WW1 tanks. Surviving Panzers

sturmhunter
    ?

thx shadowwolf,surviving panzers is uber cool site i havn't seen before.nice one

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast