Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Landmines?

Article about: Hello there. I have a great hobby in search for world war 2 objects with my metaldetector and trying to identify all the items. Now this morning I dug up a couple of items that look like boo

To all those that are concerned about the legality of my digging I can confirm I have permission of the appropriate people as these come from a search on a former german airbase for historical purposes. The picture also was.taken on the site. By now thay were removed by my collegues.from the bombsquad. They are not near my home, I'm not allowed to take anything I find home. It is a.project about the history of the former german occupation. The question I posted about what they are is purely for administrative purposes in my private notes on my finds. I am very glad to see that people are so concerned about the safety and legality here, as a lot of historical artifacts do disappear into private collections through illegal searching. I hope you will allow me to ask more questions in the future.

cripes you had me worried until you explained.welcome to the forum.

Lightbulb

These look quite interesting - the fuze seems to be a ZZuZ35 ( used in mines and booby-traps and superseded by the Zz35 ). It was initiated by a wire held in tension ( better known as a tripwire ! ). The artillery shells somehow look almost from WW1 ; I would assume obsolete stock, maybe captured from the Dutch army ?

Interesting indeed and, as others have said, horribly dangerous !

I hope he still alive.

Those are good sized shells made into buried mines or booby traps. Not something that I'd want on the same city block that I live on...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Lol, i am very much alive thank you. Talked to my collegue of the bomb disposal and they will be detonated later this week. I will try to attend the disposal and film it, so you can observe the effect of one of these things detonating.

SRB
    ?

He was asked what he had found ....... but not if legalno.not good people feared the legality of the case such things.in any case there will always be someone to excavate these things or they will be met in order to legality ... ... that's not good. This is probably grenades, and heavy that you could activate only dangerous on these things is FUSE is usually made of no rusting material and could to be active.

Quote by Dave Goderie View Post
    Lol, i am very much alive thank you. Talked to my collegue of the bomb disposal and they will be detonated later this week. I will try to attend the disposal and film it, so you can observe the effect of one of these things detonating.
    Please do. I think that would be very interesting to see.
    Personally I would be very afraid of accidentally setting one of those things off while trying to dig it up.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

?

Notify the police immediately those are 3 inch projecties converted by the Germans in mines so extremely dangerous. Improvised mines 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2