Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

LUFTWAFFE RELICS in the fields of Rhodes

Article about: Thank you again Chris for your help ! These are nice photos too. Cheers, John

?

Default Re: LUFTWAFFE RELICS in the fields of Rhodes

For Chris, Scout and don Kihotis7,
    The skin RLM painting on the Ju52 relic is genuine (not scratches). See the attached other photos too.
    The aircraft ID recognition regarding the relic parts findings, is usualy a complicate work : Except of the Ju 52 skin parts , the others requires knowledge, method, experience, time and a lot of data references…I was helped to this by my profession ( I am retired aircraft engineer with a combined service of 39 years in the Hellenic Tank Corp and the Civil Aviation).
    Right now I have stopped the searches, but my “antennas” are always deployed for any relevant info around.
    If you guys like this photo work and thanks to this very hospitable Forum, I have the intention to post for you a lot more findings items such as : SM79 and SM81 relics, ww2 bombs and bomb fins, a relic from a ditched glider Go 242, a Pz I turret from a panzerstellung, a lot of “Then and Now photo work” and more…. By the way due to the present circumstances here, I decided to offer for sale some of the large items of my collection.
    Cheers,
    John
    LUFTWAFFE   RELICS in the fields of RhodesLUFTWAFFE   RELICS in the fields of Rhodes

?

Really great.

?

Retired aircraft engineer - I can see how that would be beneficial in the field of locating relic airplane parts and determining the original craft. Excellent!

Ohh yes, more pics - please.

We'll tell you when to stop (just dont hold your breath).

I can of course only speak for myself as formerly having been in the Airforce and as Im a total airplane nutter

Keep it coming John, it's all very interesting!

Seeing as the piece off the Heinkel is KG 26, the famous 'Lowengeschwader' who were mainly involved in anti shipping work, would you think that it came from a He 111 H4/H6 torpedo carrying type? Any idea what Staffel it would be?

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by jterny View Post
    For Chris, Scout and don Kihotis7,
    If you guys like this photo work and thanks to this very hospitable Forum, I have the intention to post for you a lot more findings items such as : SM79 and SM81 relics, ww2 bombs and bomb fins, a relic from a ditched glider Go 242, a Pz I turret from a panzerstellung, a lot of “Then and Now photo work” and more…. By the way due to the present circumstances here, I decided to offer for sale some of the large items of my collection.
    Cheers,
    John
    Oh yes please. We would like to see all of your relic collection.
    For some people these are rusty Sh*t, but for us they are treasures
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

?

Unfortunately Ned,
    The available Geshwadder code lettering on this He111 relic are the " 1H +B...", the rest is missing !
    So we can not be sure positively for the belonging Staffel. Perhaps from some losses records for disabled aircrafts on the island.....
    Yes, during 1941 from Rhodes airfields were operating torbedo bombers of KG 26, against allied shipping in the eastern Mediterranean.
    Regards,
    John

yes post all your relics please

Quote by jterny View Post
    Unfortunately Ned,
    The available Geshwader code lettering on this He111 relic are the " 1H +B...", the rest is missing !
    So we can not bce sure positively for the belonging Staffel. Perhaps from some losses records for disabled aircrafts on the island.....
    Yes, during 1941 from Rhodes airfields were operating torbedo bombers of KG 26, against allied shipping in the eastern Mediterranean.
    Regards,
    John
    Hi John

If you give me the colour of the letter 'B' I could probably tell you the KG 26 unit/Staffel and maybe source a photograph of the actual aircraft for you. I have a number of images of 1H+B_ (1H+BC BH BP BF BS etc ) aircraft and also have the new Steenbeck KG 26 book.

Cheers

Chris

?

[QUOTE=hurricane;808435]Hi John

If you give me the colour of the letter 'B' I could probably tell you the KG 26 unit/Staffel and maybe source a photograph of the actual aircraft for you. I have a number of images of 1H+B_ (1H+BC BH BP BF BS etc ) aircraft and also have the new Steenbeck KG 26 book.

Cheers

Chris

Thanks for the help Chris,
    All i can see is that the letter "B" colour is black green with local traces over of sand yellow, (probably belonging to the tropical cammo of the aircraft in this region.

John

LUFTWAFFE   RELICS in the fields of RhodesLUFTWAFFE   RELICS in the fields of RhodesLUFTWAFFE   RELICS in the fields of RhodesHi John

If the 'B' was 'apple green' colour the aircraft would have belonged to IV./KG26. Dark Green I am not so sure.
    This link may help Kampfgeschwader 26

Here are some images of torpedo carrying He-111H-6's of 6./KG26. I suspect yours looked much the same!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast