Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

My own find

Article about: That is good news! The lorry is a Bedford and is also well worth saving! Cheers, Ade.

sturmhunter
    ?

Default My own find

Not a tank this time ,something abit lighterThis is the closest i will get to finding enything from the war,i was chuffed with it still It was coverted for farming ,then left to rot in a shed next to a footpath that i use.It had no engine and was well beyond restoration.I sent this picture into CMV(classic military vehicle) magazine and they printed it,there mad on the old jeeps.There's not much left from the war year down were i live (Dorset England) though alot of GI's were stationed here before D-Day.Theres lots of bunkers and dragon teeth left from the defence network put up when England was threatened with invasion,and of course Bovington Tank museum.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My own find  

Default Re: My own find

As a WW2 Jeep owner myself, I can tell you that is very restorable! Honestly this Jeep needs to be bought and saved. Engines, chassis parts, body panels etc can all be bought with the click of a mouse or a phone call with next day delivery.

It is a Ford GPW by the way.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    As a WW2 Jeep owner myself, I can tell you that is very restorable! Honestly this Jeep needs to be bought and saved. Engines, chassis parts, body panels etc can all be bought with the click of a mouse or a phone call with next day delivery.

It is a Ford GPW by the way.

Cheers, Ade.
    I totally agree!

Go on, buy it and fix it up!

?

Buy it,my neighbor had one and it was lots of fun fixing it and driving it around.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

sam
    ?

If you dont have it... i will!!!!!!!!! where abouts in dorset is it located?

... im serious!

we could have a thread with updates of its rebuild!

how about some more detailed pics of its current state?

?

Yes! That will be interesting to see some restoring works!
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

sam
    ?

If i ever got my hands on it, it would be a pleasure to keep you all informed as to how the restoration process was coming along !!!

sturmhunter
    ?

Hi there again,
    thanks for all the replies and info on this subject.I have sent Sam the details of were the jeep is .Theres not much left of it and whats left is rusting away quick.I do hope Sam does save it and restore it I don;t have the money or time for such a project.I've put up a photo of the old lorry in the barn next to the jeep,it;s not ex-army but I still like the look of it and the old bits and peices in the background.
    Best of luck with sorting it out Sam and i'll keep an eye out for a up-date on how it's going
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My own find  

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast