Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

need help on desert storm find

Article about: as anyone who knows me, I can't post pic's, but this is easy to describe. ok I found an Iraqi e-tool, it was built like a American korean war style, but it had a cross handle on top, the spa

Default need help on desert storm find

as anyone who knows me, I can't post pic's, but this is easy to describe. ok I found an Iraqi e-tool, it was built like a American korean war style, but it had a cross handle on top, the spade & a pick end too, with the screw down lock, I dug it out tonight, no pun intended, but can't find any date on it, but it has a dragonfly on it and underneath, it says in English- TOMBO, then underneath that it says Taiwan, but the t did not get marked very well, but it's obvious what country it is, the color is a cross between a wierd greenish yellow & a sand color. if it wasn't for the Taiwan on it, I would have sworn it was American. besides tonight I had never looked for a date or anything, just assumed it was American, but for some reason , it crossed my mind the handle going across the top was bugging me. any way, besides the obvious, does anyone have any clues, or know anything about them. I guess I just took it for granted back then, when I threw it in with my gear, it was u.s. , because of all the U.S. equipment I found that we had supplied Iraq against Iran. can any one help, or have any info? help it's driving me crazy,sorry or the novel. thank's. Marty I appreciate any help or info at all, thanks everyone.
    Last edited by crazy horse; 07-31-2010 at 08:42 AM.

Default Re: need help on desert storm find

Hi Marty, you have a non-milspec Taiwanese made e-tool. TOMBO is a huge Japanese conglomerate that literally produces thousands of different items in Hong Kong and Taiwan. If China ever gets their claws on Taiwan again, they would love to make this company's factories property of the Red Army, big bucks. TOMBO is a species of Chinese dragonfly. As far as I know, they have never made anything that was milspec. Hope that helps.

Take care,
    Jay

Default Re: need help on desert storm find

Quote by sitges1990 View Post
    Hi Marty, you have a non-milspec Taiwanese made e-tool. TOMBO is a huge Japanese conglomerate that literally produces thousands of different items in Hong Kong and Taiwan. If China ever gets their claws on Taiwan again, they would love to make this company's factories property of the Red Army, big bucks. TOMBO is a species of Chinese dragonfly. As far as I know, they have never made anything that was milspec. Hope that helps.oh I almost forgot, it does fit on my Iraq, or Russian field gear, back pack ammo belt, ammo pouches, etc.

Take care,
    Jay
    Jay, thank you sir, I appreciate your info, don't really know why I dug it out - no pun again, but I hadn't seen it since 1993, I have a 53 model cover, was just trying to figure a way to see if it would fit , but of course with the top cross handle , it will not, it is in good shape, not very rusty at all. I was just curious about who had made it etc. guess I will just put it back in the corner of the closet again & leave it. once again , thank you very much for the info, your time & effort is appreciated.

regards Marty.