Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Northern France finds.

Article about: Hi all. I thought I would pop some recent finds on The Forum for people to see. Its a bit of a mixture. Surprisingly most, except for the helmet,come from the same huge field.

So, one Cool Cat identifying another? Thanks for the info. A mate from museum in France thought so but wasn’t 100%. Nice to know for sure. �� Cheers.

Francis you are too kind, glad to help. Happy and safe hunting!

Of course there is always the chance it was from a Jagdpanther too!

Hi BlackCat1982. Thanks for the updated info. You’re right. A google search using images....... and there it is. Why didn’t I think of that before? Ive learnt my lesson, in future.........etc.
    Could be worth more searching in this area in case more Panther pieces are there. So far this one field has yielded Sherman parts, JU 188 and now Panther items.
    Unfortunately the farmer has a winter wheat crop coming along quite nicely. What do they say, “patience is a virtue”......it’s a pain in the arse more like ;-)
    Kind regards
    Francis

As others have identified correctly, a Panther link and a very nice one, too. I have a similar item from an Ausf. A found in Normandy and the diagonal 'treads' have been worn almost smooth whereas yours are highly detailed. A superb 'find'.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2