Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

panzer MKIV turret armour

Article about: Hi members Can anyone please assist me with the following problem I have encountered Is it legal to buy and own a piece of panzer armour that's sat in a farmers , field , barn for years in F

Default panzer MKIV turret armour

Hi members
    Can anyone please assist me with the following problem I have encountered
    Is it legal to buy and own a piece of panzer armour that's sat in a farmers , field , barn for years in France and then bring it back to the UK or take it to Germany for example

Any replies gratefully accepted
    Cheers
    Fraser

Lightbulb

I know of no legal reason why not ( although I'm only talking about the UK ). It isn't a 'weapon' and therefore deactivation etc issues will not apply. I know that authorities in places such as France and Belgium are tightening up regulations concerning 'dug up' items from battlefields but if you as an individual have bought the item from another private individual it would be a surprise if there were a problem.

I must stress that I'm just a collector, not a legal expert. But French customs searched my car on the way back from Ciney in 2013 and didn't bat an eyelid at the various deactivated munitions ( including a 12cm mortar shell ) in the boot, and this year I came back from La Gleize with a boot full of stuff including deact German shells again, with no problem. And a complete deact PaK40 round arrived this year in three days from Germany....through the mail.

( No doubt someone will now come on and say how lucky I've been, should be locked up in the Tower of London with key thrown away, etc )

Thanks Martin
    I thought as much
    Regards
    Fraser

As Martin said should not be a problem.

Over the past 10 months I have imported from Estonia and Latvia 3 pieces of StuG III roof armour with no problems. I have restored these and there is a thread on this forum.

StuG III Part

Regards

Is It the turret or a plate ?
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Hi its only a plate, spacing armour from turret
    Cheers
    Fraser

I don't think you will have any problems at all, in reality it's a piece of scrap metal!..

It's legal in France. You can buy this to a serious seller.
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Martin Bull : we have new laws in France, the second time it was a lucky day for you : ammunitions(dea) are prohibited.
    I have nothing with me now.

Lightbulb

Quote by lebus12 View Post
    it was a lucky day for you :.
    I have an honest face.....

It's good to hear for once that there is somewhere worse for the collector than the UK......

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast