Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

PANZER or other country Relic tank piece any idea from what ?

Article about: Any ideas and proof, other photos connected to a vehicle / tank Please see photos Thanks, Jon

Default PANZER or other country Relic tank piece any idea from what ?

Any ideas and proof, other photos connected to a vehicle / tank

Please see photos. Has hooks both side which swivel back and then forward / over the gap to close something in. Thick enough to be tank armour !!

Thanks, Jon
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture PANZER or other country Relic tank piece any idea from what ?   PANZER or other country Relic tank piece any idea from what ?  

PANZER or other country Relic tank piece any idea from what ?   PANZER or other country Relic tank piece any idea from what ?  

I don't' know what it may be off ( could be military, could be agricultural ) but I do know metal - that's been fractured from a pretty fierce concussive blow like an explosion ( hardened steel or castings break, not bend )

Best I can do is to bump ****
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

'looks like a rod of sorts is supposed to fit in the two deep cuts and the small hooks either side then swing up to hold the rod in place....but here endeth the lesson in the bloomin' obvious.......

Indeed and that rod could be a pin from a Tank or Recovery Tractor used in ww2 (civil or military, axis or allied)

Could be for holding spare track links with pins for example !!?
    The fact that it has been blown off something is interesting, would be great to identify the machine it came off PLEASE HELP

Regards, Jon

Looking at the bricks it is rested on for scale , quite a large chunk , what is its worth as a curiosity ??
    Last edited by Panzer Kettenglied Sammler; 09-05-2019 at 10:40 AM.

I doubt you'll get a valuation....we don't tend to do that here...but one thing's for sure....if its a Tiger (or anything German) it'll be worth a lot more than if it's off a Massey Ferguson!

If you cant ID it ,its only worth what your local Scrap yard will give you

The seller says PANTHER but I have been all over pictures of one and can't find where it is, not looked inside but then it should be white.

...it might be RELATED to a particular vehicle type....a vehicle-specific tool or device perhaps....there's an easy answer - ask the seller

lol I have been asking, tis why I am here, no replies unless on holiday or otherwise at present.
    Have asked Bovington as well !! Still waiting on that one, though they are busy.

PS I have a negative of the tadpole ww1 tank (track extensions fitted) with an officer next to it, I bought it with developed photos of 2 sizes and a letter from Bovington tank museum that they returned with the negative. Must be a rare photo etc of the tank at the end of the war as it was never used in anger, nice of them to do the photos and letter eh

Back to topic folks........

Seller is back and he forgot to edit auction detail from last sale

I found it in Ukraine, stand 12.8 cm FlaK 40.
    That's what a local resident told me ...
    The eastern front went there, I was looking for information but I didn't know it either.
    It looks like a hook, closure .

Well there you have it folks, a photo of the area would seal it !!

Jon