Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Part from a Revi C/12d aircraft sight

Article about: This is one of those artifacts I wish I could touch and see its history. This part was found on the site of an old airfield in Russia, and is a shroud from the lower section of a Revi C/12d

Default Part from a Revi C/12d aircraft sight

This is one of those artifacts I wish I could touch and see its history. This part was found on the site of an old airfield in Russia, and is a shroud from the lower section of a Revi C/12d weapon sight found on German WW2 fighters of the period. Could have been on a BF109, FW190, etc.

Rather than those you might see on a decommissioned aircraft now in the hands of a hobbyist, or still in their original boxes, this one stands a good chance of having flown any number of missions on the eastern front, and possibly hurtling to the ground as part of a flaming wreck shot down during the airfield defense, or bombed parked at the airfield in unheroic fashion. In any case, this unassuming piece of aluminum may not be much to look at, but was there to participate in some of the most intense aerial fighting of WW2. For that reason, I submit this for the historical archives of our forum.

Also pictured are a few freebies that came with it. I'm not sure what most of these labels would have been found on, but I suspect personal items and machinery at the same airfield.

image from cockpitinstrumente.de

?