Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Part of a shot down Nazi-Airplane

Article about: Hi, some years ago a friend of mine brought me a part of a shot down Nazi-Jet he found in a hovel of his deceased father. That friend is from Belarus, but I m not exactly sure whether the sh

Gero3142
    ?

Default Part of a shot down Nazi-Airplane

Hi,

some years ago a friend of mine brought me a part of a shot down Nazi-Jet he found in a hovel of his deceased father. That friend is from Belarus, but I m not exactly sure whether the shot down was there either.

However, he asked me to do some research of how much this old piece may be worth on the market.

Its not really big, like 0,6 Meters each direction and totally deformed from the crash. Nevertheless, one can clearly see a big swastika-sign on one side, even though its also a little torn.

I d be very grateful, if someone could help me!

Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Part of a shot down Nazi-Airplane   Part of a shot down Nazi-Airplane  

Default Re: Part of a shot down Nazi-Airplane

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

I have doubts about it coming from the wreakage of a jet. These aircraft would not have been operating over Belarus in 1944.

It is a nice item and with luck you will get an exact ID of the aircraft here.

Value will be several hundred $.

Cheers, Ade.

Examine the parts for small stamped ID numbers. These should be present on some or all of the parts and will ID the aircraft for you.

Cheers

Steve T

?

I would advise NOT trying to uncrumple it too- you risk cracking the Duralumin and that'd devalue the piece or even fragment it further. And absolutely- if you can find a data plate (small rectangle of metal rivetted on the inside of the skin) or number on any of the associated parts, that should idenify the aircraft.

If we're to try to identify it by the shape though, it's much harder. Although this fragment's forward edge is angled and has a deep rivetted overlap seam, it appears to be greater than 45-degrees (assuming that's the forward edge) since it is not parallel to the side of the Hakenkreuz; the 262's fin angle was 45-degrees. The size is also much too small at 0.6m even if that's crumpled- the 262's fin was quite large.

Are both sides intact? Clearer photos of both sides may help...
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

Could be FW190,the crushed tube piece below it could be
    the remains of the tail wheel shock strut.
    I thought it could be FW189,but it dosnt seem to match as well
    as the 190.
    Good Luck Mike

?

But the 190 had quite a large Hakenkreuz in relation to the size of its tail, whereas this one's not very large; the skin also didn't have an overlap seam at the forward edge the way this one seems to; and the 190 has a triangular access door on its starboard side that goes through the aft 1/3 of the Hakenkreuz which isn't the case on this fragment...
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

Gero3142
    ?

Thanks for your quick replys! I cant look for the ID right now, since I m not at home, but I can upload some more pics.

Unfortunately there is no other side, its all demolished, but that should also make it easier to find an ID, I guess.

thanks for your good ideas!

I post again, when found out the ID

Gero
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Part of a shot down Nazi-Airplane   Part of a shot down Nazi-Airplane  

Part of a shot down Nazi-Airplane   Part of a shot down Nazi-Airplane  

Part of a shot down Nazi-Airplane