Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Parts of Lightining?

Article about: No problem Ade. Unfortunately I don't have a copy of the B-24 parts catalog so I can't look up the actual part itself.

?

Default Parts of Lightining?

Parts of Lightining? We found this plane in Dalmatia near Šibenik. Old people sad there was two pilots. So it must be ligtning. When it is dry it has numbers on this big part. All chickenhouses around are cowered with plane aluminium.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Parts of Lightining?   Parts of Lightining?  

?

Default Re: Parts of Lightining?

The P-38 lightning was a single seat (single pilot) fighter

?

wasnt there a 2 seat version??? i dont know much of planes what coud it be if it is american 2 seat???? Someboady will see what it is from plate with markings...

?

Hmm I'm not sure Markom - I'm sure there is stock to be put in what the old people say though.Are they sure it was American?

Perhaps if you have any photographs of markings, plates and serial numbers etc., that might help.

I assume that big bit of aluminium is fuselage. It's looks like it's been cut up by the villagers for reuse?

?

There in first post is plate with some markings. Old people are no good resource of information,i heard all sort of stuff from them... It is probably cut in pieces by people who lived there.

Try this site for help with the data plate info:

Aviation Archaeology Resources

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Thanks,i will try to get something from that

?

The data plate is from a Ford-built B-24.

GK32B1788

GK = Ford
    32 = Consolidated Model 32, i.e. B-24
    B = Fuselage component (B for Body)
    1788 = the individual part itself. An L or R would indicate if the part was "handed" left or right.

Thanks Paul!
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

You'll have to try and sit down with the old people Markom, listen to them and see what they remember.

There is probably a very interesting story there!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast