Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Parts of Lightining?

Article about: No problem Ade. Unfortunately I don't have a copy of the B-24 parts catalog so I can't look up the actual part itself.

?

Default Re: Parts of Lightining?

No problem Ade.

Unfortunately I don't have a copy of the B-24 parts catalog so I can't look up the actual part itself.

Quote by Markom View Post
    wasnt there a 2 seat version??? i dont know much of planes what coud it be if it is american 2 seat???? Someboady will see what it is from plate with markings...
    The P38M nightfighter was twin seat and the P38J "Droop snoot" had a second crew member as a bomb aimer!..

GK32B1788 is a part for Willow Run built B-24s. The nomenclature is:
    Panel Assy - Rear right station 5.1 to station 7.7 on a B-24
    The part comes from the right side outer skin between the wing root and the tail section.
    Could be from the following models:
    B-24E-CF, B-24E-DT, B-24E-FO, B-24H-CF, B-24H-DT, B-24H-FO, B-24J-CF, B-24J-DT, B-24J-FO, B-24L-FO und B-24M-FO
    Theoretically, could also come from a RAF Liberator!

Danny

?

Ta Danny,

Being from a Willow Run example it will only be from the FO (Ford) models B-24E-FO, B-24H-FO, B-24J-FO, B-24L-FO and B-24M-FO.
    CF indicates a B-24 built by Consolidated at their Fort Worth plant while DT indicates a B-24 built by Douglas at their Tulsa plant.

The RAF don't appear to have received any B-24Es (Liberator B Mk. IV) but did have B-24Hs (Liberator B Mk. VI) and B-24Js (Liberator B Mk. VIII) at the very least.

All the best,
    PB

Afternoon Paul,
    actually, Willow Run did ship a ton of parts to both Fort Worth and Tusla and thus you can find Consolidated and Douglas models with Ford data-plates. For that reason alone I listed the other models

Greets from Bavaria, Danny

?

Good reason Danny.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2