Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Pieces found at old ww2 arms depot

Article about: Hello again, This one is a complete stab in the dark! I bought a few bits and pieces a while back, and the guy sent me these 'free gifts'. When I asked him what they were, he didnt know! lol

Default Pieces found at old ww2 arms depot

Hello again,

This one is a complete stab in the dark!

I bought a few bits and pieces a while back, and the guy sent me these 'free gifts'. When I asked him what they were, he didnt know! lol

All he said was he found them at an old ww2 arms storage depot, along with other relic items. bullets, mags ect

Sorry about the picture quality.... camera is playing up the minute!

Kind regards,
    Woody
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pieces found at old ww2 arms depot   Pieces found at old ww2 arms depot  

?

Default Re: Pieces found at old ww2 arms depot

Looks like an old fashioned pushbike seat clamp, .. and a pushbike push on rear light lense .. that has the actual lense piece missing out of the middle.

The one on the left is a sight hood for an enfield no4mk1 or a sten mk5. The one on the right is a cap that holds the bolt and spring into a sten with the stock removed. Neat stuff to find just sitting around.

?

well there you go .... great items !!

Quote by bartonharley13 View Post
    The one on the left is a sight hood for an enfield no4mk1 or a sten mk5. The one on the right is a cap that holds the bolt and spring into a sten with the stock removed. Neat stuff to find just sitting around.
    Thanks a lot mate! I was gonna chuck them, because to be honest I was thinking along the same lines as Polski - I initially thought they were just old bicycle parts! Glad I never now!

Cheers fella's

?

Quote by WoodyUK View Post
    Thanks a lot mate! I was gonna chuck them, because to be honest I was thinking along the same lines as Polski - I initially thought they were just old bicycle parts! Glad I never now!

Cheers fella's
    LOL,yes Sten guns are a little bit basic when it come down to it, when you look at the parts, the bits of tube etc would look far more at home as part of a Bike frame than a firearm.

Nige.
    "Now, I've designed this like a collapsing bag ! "

I believe that some of the smaller shops that made parts for the sten before the war made bicycles. You have got to love the simplicity of these guns.

Hi bartonharley,
    Yeah spot on mate, Im here looking at the sight hood on my No4,
    you got that right and the end cap for the Sten, nice finds.
    Dont throw them away you have good little relics there.
    dave

?

I know its a bit late to reply but i thought you might find this interesting. I used to be an adult instructor in the army cadet force here in england. Our hut had a small brick built building at the rear a bit like a large over ground bomb shelter.This was where they designed the Sten gun before passing the blueprints down to Lee Enfield a fantastic bit of history only now the MOD decided to demolish it for a small parade ground for the army cadets and air trainning corps . How stupid can the military be.

Quote by Gary J View Post
    Looks like an old fashioned pushbike seat clamp, .. and a pushbike push on rear light lense .. that has the actual lense piece missing out of the middle.

That's exactly what I thought when I first saw the pictures.

Mike