Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?

Article about: by cornishboy These are awsome finds,well done Bratacas for recovering them.Looking forward to seeing what the experts think the aircraft involved are the first object shown in todays pics o

Quote by m3bobby View Post
    I also have some parts probably from the same aircraft, I had assumed they were Tornado but they could well be Jaguar. I'll have to check for numbers.
    have you posted any photos of your finds anywhere? Id love to see some, of all the types you have found, ww2 and post war etc

If it is XX137 theres a pic of its remains in a sussex scrapyard apparently

Faygate Aircraft Scrapyard, - Aircraft & Airshows Past

?

Great link, thanks for posting.

I'll get some tonight, they're all in a box.

Here you go, the torch is a standard RAF safety torch, there's no batteries in it as the Aircraft land away tool kits were stowed in the aircraft and you don't want live batteries installed in stowed equipment.

The other parts are stainless so I think must be from the engine shield area and the pipe fitting could be bleed air as its heavy duty and looks to have been in a fire (Along with one of the panels) as it has burnt through.

Does anyone recognise the part numbers?

nice pieces, are they for sale by any chance? id be more than happy to pay any amount if youd be willing to to sell them .-)

probably not aircraft or military related but this strange thing got washed up the same area I find pieces, it has a dateplate on it, anyone know what it is?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?   Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?  

Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?   Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?  

Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?   Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?  

There will be loads of stuff around the Lossie area...plenty of aircraft have gone in over the years.......there is even stuff lost from exercises from WW2.....supposed to be a couple of tanks that can be seen at low tide ...i wish i could remember where.....the best i can drag out of my faded memory is between Lossie going towards Burghead...i shall try and ask my father in law next time i see him.......

Plenty of areas around Spey bay that still have the old taxi ways present...and dispersal points from WW2.....lots more around that way...

Quote by timetolook View Post
    There will be loads of stuff around the Lossie area...plenty of aircraft have gone in over the years.......there is even stuff lost from exercises from WW2.....supposed to be a couple of tanks that can be seen at low tide ...i wish i could remember where.....the best i can drag out of my faded memory is between Lossie going towards Burghead...i shall try and ask my father in law next time i see him.......

Plenty of areas around Spey bay that still have the old taxi ways present...and dispersal points from WW2.....lots more around that way...

yup bit of research brings up this................

Valentine

A DD Valentine, restored to running condition, is in private ownership in Wolverhampton, England. The sunken wrecks of eight others, lost during training, are in the Moray Firth in Scotland; two have been located and are regularly visited by recreational divers. Two sunken Valentine DDs rest 3.5 miles out of Swanage Bay, Dorset. These tanks are 100 metres apart in 15 meters of water

from here.................. DD tank - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and i am sure the tanks i am on about are towards Hopeman......

Quote by brataccas View Post
    probably not aircraft or military related but this strange thing got washed up the same area I find pieces, it has a dateplate on it, anyone know what it is?
    It's part of a fridge unit.

Quote by brataccas View Post
    nice pieces, are they for sale by any chance? id be more than happy to pay any amount if youd be willing to to sell them .-)
    If you want them you can have them, I'm not in it for the money. I found them for free so I'll pass them on for free.

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast