Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?

Article about: by cornishboy These are awsome finds,well done Bratacas for recovering them.Looking forward to seeing what the experts think the aircraft involved are the first object shown in todays pics o

Quote by m3bobby View Post
    If you want them you can have them, I'm not in it for the money. I found them for free so I'll pass them on for free.
    well id have to give something for them .-)

Quote by timetolook View Post
    yup bit of research brings up this................

Valentine

A double decal Valentine, restored to running condition, is in private ownership in Wolverhampton, England. The sunken wrecks of eight others, lost during training, are in the Moray Firth in Scotland; two have been located and are regularly visited by recreational divers. Two sunken Valentine DDs rest 3.5 miles out of Swanage Bay, Dorset. These tanks are 100 metres apart in 15 meters of water

from here.................. double decal tank - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and i am sure the tanks i am on about are towards Hopeman......
    are you referring to the tanks in findhorn supposedly? apparently theres 2 churchhill tanks from d-day exercise or something

Quote by brataccas View Post

are you referring to the tanks in findhorn supposedly? apparently theres 2 churchhill tanks from d-day exercise or something
    could be Findhorn fella.....like i say it was 20 odd yrs ago i got told about them....

day off today so went back to the beach and found absaloutly heaps of relics, havent photographed them all but only this one with navy blue? or black and white paint, quite chuffed with this piece. got a 1944 dated 20mm shell casing and more wellington parts I think but this one first: will there be any stamps anyone reckons? I cant think what aircraft were 2 tone in this scheme..

the piece is about a foot long
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?   Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?  

Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?   Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?  

Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?   Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?  

Fantastic collection of aircraft wreckage you're building up. Beachcombing at its best!

Regards

Martin

?

Almost certainly a 60s/70s Naval jet. There should be numbers on it somewhere...

There were a few Naval Bucs that crashed into the sea on return to Lossie.

Im a bit skeptical if its buccaneer I photographed a complete buccaneer but it seems the rivet pattern is differant and the size etc, yet the paint scheme does match the old navy paint, is it possible that a differant version of buccaneer or an earlier had differant rivet size/set?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?   Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?  

Quote by brataccas View Post
    Im a bit skeptical if its buccaneer I photographed a complete buccaneer but it seems the rivet pattern is differant and the size etc, yet the paint scheme does match the old navy paint, is it possible that a differant version of buccaneer or an earlier had differant rivet size/set?
    there was a Mk1 Bucc but not sure if they flew into Lossie at all....

On a side note,tis a shame to see how bad this ^^^^^^ old girl is getting........the weather is certainly kicking her arse.....

but then, she is better than when she landed wheels up at Lossie, just before the Bucc's were scrapped....

each time i drive past to go to Lossie she seems to be getting worse.....shame.....

I can't see the photo but I'm guessing it's the Buc at the Buc garage. The Naval variant was the SB.1 I think, the RAF got the SB.2

The Highlands Aviation Museum has an SB.1 that used to be the gate guard at Lossiemouth. When I get back to the museum I'll get some photos. Have you thought about being a volunteer?

Quote by ian_ View Post
    Almost certainly a 60s/70s Naval jet. There should be numbers on it somewhere...

Sea Hawk maybe?

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast