Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?

Article about: by cornishboy These are awsome finds,well done Bratacas for recovering them.Looking forward to seeing what the experts think the aircraft involved are the first object shown in todays pics o

It looks as though it was originally curved and I would guess at a wing root fairing ,but no idea as to which aircraft.
    Cheers
    Gary

cleaned it up a bit with power washer at work, cant seem to find any stamps or numbers whatsoever
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?   Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?  

Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?   Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?  

You have a photo that shows what you describe as a clearish part number. Can you please post the details on the round stamp and the part number beside it? Danny

Quote by ssg keay View Post
    You have a photo that shows what you describe as a clearish part number. Can you please post the details on the round stamp and the part number beside it? Danny
    are you referring to the latest found piece? or do you mean the piece with traces of white paint with the faded circular stamp and the number serial beside it?

if it is the one I think you mean then all I can make out is a "W" on the top right of the circle and to the right of it the serial

"IO5717 IS2" but the "O" is faded kinda, could be a G or something else or a Q(?)
    Last edited by brataccas; 05-06-2014 at 09:41 PM.

anyone recognise this? its light metal, looks same as similar aircraft bits ive found from wellington, is it aircraft related?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?   Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?  

Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?   Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?  

Angry

Got this piece washed up which ive had for ages but not photographed it exept 1 photo maybe, I inspected it again recently and found quite a few stamps/part numbers? on it, strange I missed them the first time round, would like to know what aircraft its from if anyone has a clue? washed up from the same beach as the wellington etc but much further away than those parts: stamps are kinda tricky to make out exactly what it says on them I see:

H?294 or 4294

C 105(9/S/8)?3

CHECK or CHFCX

there is another letter that is faint on the last one, probably "check" but ive never seen aircraft parts with check written on them as a stamp,

Not much help im afraid but the last 2 bits you have found are Aircraft parts, just cant say which aircraft.

Angry

Returned to the dump I used to dig often, I was at the bit where I find lots of RAF stuff, is this piece military related? im probably going to embaress myself posting this with someone telling me its a cooker hob? but its got a part number on it so just want to see if anyone thinks it actually is military related:

Part number/serial on it is "W/8Y560C" that "8" could possible be a "B" though(?)

First thought was a speaker without the cloth and magnet....

Still waiting for the second thought....

Angry

A very nice aircraft piece found at the usual beach, no credit goes to me for this one, my workmate made me aware of it and its whereabouts so I took the journey to investigate it, scratching off the growth formed on it revealed many stamps and serials, the main panel underside has "40035 / 24" stamped on it, just below that theres what looks to be "1938" on both hooks theres matching part numbers, looks like "40035 3" with "CCB" and both hook/claw looking parts have a circular stamp with "vABL" with "40" under it in the circle so thats the Vickers stamp so im convinced it is wellington bomber. looks like a rudder pedal platform or a lever of some kind? anyone know precisly what it is? ive been trying to look at cockpit photos but just cant seem to find this piece, is it an external or internal component?

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast