Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?

Article about: by cornishboy These are awsome finds,well done Bratacas for recovering them.Looking forward to seeing what the experts think the aircraft involved are the first object shown in todays pics o

Angry

todays finds on that beach, is the circular piece aircraft related? I remember someone a long time ago on a similar way the piece is wired like that is anti-tampering(?) no stamps found on it yet (possibly), small bit with lots of black paint remaining, and a nice riveted piece with a serial on it "57177 C1"
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?   Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?  

Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?   Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?  

Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?   Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?  

Angry

someone reckons halifax bomber for the stamped piece above, went back today and the beach was spotless, pesky beach cleaning club at it again so I had to rummage through every sack of theirs left by the beach and recovered quite a few aircraft parts they had just binned mostly wellington bomber pieces I think, one piece is stamped but I dunno if it is wellington it reads "271301247BG1" not sure what aircraft that could be of, anyone?

the part with the circular bit I dunno if it is aircraft or machinary or car even, got a rubber tyre too but it says AVON on it and I dont think avon company makes aircraft tyres(?) the small piece with 2 big rivets on it have traces of grey paint on them, think same colour as tornado jet
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?   Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?  

All of the above look like Aircraft parts, except the last piece, not sure on that.
    Cheers
    Gary

Quote by hangarman View Post
    All of the above look like Aircraft parts, except the last piece, not sure on that.
    Cheers
    Gary
    ex military guy told me its a sonobuoy fuze, I dont really want to touch it, god knows what chemicals or nastys remain on it if any?

the panel I uploaded with the stamp starting with 57 I have got it confirmed it is from halifax bomber

Found this cog type piece today, engine aircraft part? has the stamp "FB6561" on it, the 1 could be a 4 though

FB is the Aircraft Manufacturer code for 'Bristol'.

Martin

Quote by Salzburg View Post
    FB is the Aircraft Manufacturer code for 'Bristol'.

Martin
    thanks for the info is it possible to find out what aircraft this specific piece is from?, Also are FB parts differant to the SFB parts im finding or from the same aircraft/aircraft manufacturer? the wellington bomber parts I have found have SFB but this is the first time ive found with just FB, whats the differance?

edit: wonder if its from a Beaufighter seeing as this part was closer to dallachy than milltown...

Quote by brataccas View Post
    thanks for the info is it possible to find out what aircraft this specific piece is from?, Also are FB parts differant to the SFB parts im finding or from the same aircraft/aircraft manufacturer? the wellington bomber parts I have found have SFB but this is the first time ive found with just FB, whats the differance?

edit: wonder if its from a Beaufighter seeing as this part was closer to dallachy than milltown...

I've searched and searched over the years but have yet to find a comprehensive list of aircraft part numbers short of obtaining the specific type's parts manual. Those seem like rocking horse you-know-what too.

I have a B-17 parts manual but, if the British manufacturers are anything like the US, then parts fabricated by, for example, Bristol will have the 'FB' code and parts that form assemblies manufactured by other companies will have their own parts nomenclature.

Regards

Martin

Angry

Decided to search the runway approach at RAF Lossiemouth expecting to find nothing, at the actual runway lights on the beach itself I found these 2 strange objects, anyone recognise what they could be by any luck? the dial looks and feels like its bakelite and goes up to 350 (increments?) with the little window on it thats stuck on "8" looks like it had been underwater too and washed up,

The other piece is quite corroded exept the steel metal part which has arrows and 2 visable serials which say A222 but could be AI222 as theres a faint line between the A and first 2, another serial has "BN6" on it, aircraft?

Got the dial ID'ed on another forum by someone helpful, apparently its a tuning dial from a T 1083 transmitter, most likely from a ww2 bomber

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast