Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?

Article about: by cornishboy These are awsome finds,well done Bratacas for recovering them.Looking forward to seeing what the experts think the aircraft involved are the first object shown in todays pics o

Default Re: Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?

Quote by cornishboy View Post
    These are awsome finds,well done Bratacas for recovering them.Looking forward to seeing what the experts think the aircraft involved are
    the first object shown in todays pics on another forum someone belives that piece is from a Frazer Nash gun turret ring, hope its true

Quote by m3bobby View Post
    Again they look aircraft to me. Are you anywhere near Lossiemouth?
    yup you live up here too?

Nice finds Brataccus, Im working in Forres these days and will be walking the old RAF /pow camps as well as the beach defences when the nights draw out, May well bump into you one evening.

All the best

Robin

Quote by robin morley View Post
    Nice finds Brataccus, Im working in Forres these days and will be walking the old RAF /pow camps as well as the beach defences when the nights draw out, May well bump into you one evening.

All the best

Robin
    I didn't know there were POW camps round here :O that's somethind id love to see lol. If you did manage to find me (im usually far out where no human life is) then usually I jump at the sight of a human as the places I get this stuff is isolated beyond belief.

Incase anyones interested the heavy smaller metal piece someone has ID'ed for me, its a bracket from a frazer nash gun turret from a bomber aircraft, they reckon probably from a wellington
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?  

The piece of elbowed tube marked S.F.B.51501/3 looks like it could be a cylinder head inlet for a Bristol engine. SFB stands for Straker Feddon Butler, and Messrs. Feddon and Butler designed some of the early Bristol engines. This could be off a Pegasus or Hercules aero engine which were used on a wide variety of aircraft including the Vickers Wellington,Supermarine Walrus,Short Sunderland and Stirling,Fairy Swordfish and Handley Page Hampdens and Halifaxes plus many other types. I have seen the same type of fitting on the engines of the Wellington currently under restoration at RAF Cosford.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

well the place just gets better and better, a great big black metallic object has been washed up just out of reach of me snagging it. Same place the aircraft pieces were picked up. Will need to photograph it before it gets washed away again

If its coming out of the sea, you may want to try to preserve it, stuff like this turns to chalk in a matter or weeks if not treated propery.
    Couple of months in a freash water then coated in penitrating oil or polima should help it out.

I'm a bit late coming across this thread. Ref your post no.17 VABL is a Vickers, Blackpool, stamp. Looks like you've got another Wellington part. If you look very closely at the strengthening ribs on the big black bit you should find some stamps because every component is marked. If there's a number starting 285 it's Wellington.

was back again today at the same place and found some interesting pieces, I think a bakelite? nose cone from something military(?) a strange piece I got lots of pics of with a rectangle slot, same build style as the other big wellington piece I found but what it this component? its a bit squashed and inside it has traces of green paint or material. Dying to know what it is, and a 1940 dated boot, pilots boot?? or soldier or civ? says "John White" as companys name under the date

also a big anchor mostly buried within the stones, I am going to be digging that out eventually.

need to find some binos because out at sea inline with where I find these parts theres a GIGANTIC cylinder metallic thing and im dying to know what it is. A fishing boat was having a look at it and the tide was out so more stuff is revealed.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?   Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?  

Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?   Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?  

Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?   Please tell me these are aircraft pieces?  

I've replied on the other forum you frequent but for the benefit of this forum, the tube thing with the rectangular hole is the bit that the elevator fits to and then fits inside the stabalizer on a Wellington.

Anyone know what a part number like this may be from? 6 (in a circle) YS6-75-?56 (then a space) 2A and then BGA 444 (In a circle). This is marked on a stainless tube in electro pencil.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast