Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

polish tank recovery

Article about: Hello everyone, I have been made aware of a sunken German tank in a lake in the north east of Poland. I was wondering if anyone knows what sort of steps i need to take before i can recover i

Default polish tank recovery

Hello everyone, I have been made aware of a sunken German tank in a lake in the north east of Poland. I was wondering if anyone knows what sort of steps i need to take before i can recover it.ie polish red tape i may need to go through, any laws i should know ,who does the tank belong too?

From what i can gather the tank was still on the surface after the war so i don't think there'll be any surprises inside.ie crew or ammo. I'll be going out there with a Polish fella so translation won't be a problem either. Any info you can provide would be gratefully received.

Many thanks.

?

Default Re: polish tank recovery

Is this a joke?

There is no way you recovered the tank in accordance with Polish law.

Sorry.

Pozdrawiam.
    Paul.

no i think you got the wrong idea paul ,i haven't got the tank yet but i'm going too if it's possible and if it's actually there.
    i'm going out for a recce at xmas if not before.this isn't a joke i've got the money and the inclination to pull it off what i don't have is any information on the legallities.thanks eddy

?

Mate hopefully some our Polish guys will be able to help you with this as i very much doubt an English bloke will be able to turn up in Poland and start pulling tanks out of lakes.

Ownership of the land , the lake , Polish laws , who will own it if you pull it out .......? Bearing in mind someone may let you spend the money to pull it out them claim it, what are you going to do with it if you get it out, a project fraught with problems i'm afraid !! The questions go on and on.

What do you know about the tank , what model is it ?
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

that would be such a cool thing to do love to be apart of that, hope you can pull it off you must keep us informed if you do

thanks for taking the time to reply,this is just the start of the idea, i know its gonna be a pain in the arse dealing with the bureaucrats and more so in poland but i've been in partnership for 5 years with a polish fella and it's his grandfather who knows of the whereabouts of the tank i won't know the details until his grandfather clarifies them and then i won't take it as read until i've been out and confirmed it for myself.nothing ventured nothing gained

?

I will repeat one more time:
    there is no possibility of legal recover by the foreigner or even privat Polish person.
    There is also no possibility of legally exported recovered vehicals to foreign countries.
    Trust me, I know what I say.

Pozdrawiam.
    Paul.

good luck with the recovery if your allowed to do it you should have a look at it first, somehow get a diver or something to check if its there before you start getting recovery equipment in.
    Thanks

Danny

going to try the polish embassy in london for advice i'll let you know the outcome

?

I think you need to speak with peoples who done this job, here is the members who found the Stug near Gzrigorziev
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast