Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Prinz Eugen

Article about: http://the.shadock.free.fr/Surviving_Panthers.pdf

Default Re: Prinz Eugen

Quote by panzerjaeger44 View Post
    sorry hucks i dont have a clue i was about 13 at the time and couldnt get close to them but i do know one guy managed to find and salvage two jagdpanthers from an army range hes fully restored one of them amazing considering how wrecked they were i think the site is called skdfz251 or something like that
    Hiya, I think that would be Mike of the 'SDKFZ Foundation'. The Jagdpanther is indeed in FULL working order and often posted on youtube. Quite a few of his vehicles on there! His collection is STUNNING! (My avatar is me in his Stug III (wet dreams nearly) )

Link to his Jagdpanther FIRING:

YouTube - ‪JAGDPANTHER - Firing it's main 88mm Gun.‬‎

Martyn.

yeah ive seen it quite a few times i drooled myslef lol i dont like his paint job though sadly think its to clean cut for a jagd but thats just me lol i think its rock in ambush pattern or normandy tricolors

Up close and personal the whole collection is almost overwhelming! It's him that has Rommels Horsch. Now that WAS something to drool over and no, I couldn't resist touching the badge on the front.

Martyn.

colind77
    ?

The target wrecks at Tyneham, Dorset are mainly post war AFV. There are afew Alvis Saracen's and some other post war boxy APC's. There could be some old WW2 tanks but nothing really identifiable or restorable as there literal shot to pieces and rusting in the under growth, I'm afraid to say. Over the other side of the ridgeway toward West Lulworth there are afew main battle tank wrecks but these are post war Chieftain's.
    These shooting ranges have been combed for WW2 relics for Bovington Tank museum and the best bits they found are in there ( the barrel of a Sturmtiger and shot up Kingtiger Krupp turret) Other interesting but not used tanks/AFV are next to the museum carpark in a fenced off part of the museum.
    Here is a pictures I thought I'd put up afew of the Prince Eugen wreck as this topic is about her and the of the shot up kingtiger turret.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Prinz Eugen   Prinz Eugen  

Prinz Eugen  

Quote by colind77 View Post
    These shooting ranges have been combed for WW2 relics for Bovington Tank museum and the best bits they found are in there ( the barrel of a Sturmtiger and shot up Kingtiger Krupp turret) Other interesting but not used tanks/AFV are next to the museum carpark in a fenced off part of the museum.
    Here is a pictures I thought I'd put up afew of the Prince Eugen wreck as this topic is about her and the of the shot up kingtiger turret.
    That is not a King tiger turret but a very rare Schmalturm for the panther F.

On a Panther G chassis:

Post war:

Today:
    http://i994.photobucket.com/albums/a...615f9e1366.jpg

Info:
    PzKpfw V Panther

The Schmalturm turret at Bovington is now indoors and repainted. I saw it last week.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    The Schmalturm turret at Bovington is now indoors and repainted. I saw it last week.

Cheers, Ade.
    Lucky, I wish I could see it.

?

Fooling around in impact areas on an old range is foolhardy at best.
    There are piles of unexploded projectiles and even more under layers of debris.
    It is impossible to get to any vehicle or what's left without disturbing this stuff. There is always lots of it.
    I did it once and can't believe how stupid that was.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2