Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

A PzKpfw I TURRET on a Panzerstellung

Article about: Dear all, here are some of the promised photos of a Panzerstellung fortification with a PzKpfw I tank turret, a quite unexpected finding during September 1995, near the aircrafts engines “ru

?

Default A PzKpfw I TURRET on a Panzerstellung

Dear all, here are some of the promised photos of a Panzerstellung fortification with a PzKpfw I tank turret, a quite unexpected finding during September 1995, near the aircrafts engines “run up” area of Athens Hellinikon airport. This airfield used during the ww2 as base for units of Luftwaffe JG27 and was frequently raided by bombers of RAF and USAAF.
    This Panzerstellung stood among the parking pens of the Bf 109Gs, and due to it’s location in this isolated side of the civil airport after the war, was by the years half covered by the earth works and the wild grass, almost invisible by the near by road.
    As you can see, this tank turret although exposed for so many years to the weather conditions, was carrying still locally it’s panzer gray painting !
    After the finding this Panzerstellung turret was donated to the Hellenic Air Force museum, but unfortunately still today remain “out of show” in a store place !
    John

A  PzKpfw I TURRET  on a PanzerstellungA  PzKpfw I TURRET  on a PanzerstellungA  PzKpfw I TURRET  on a PanzerstellungA  PzKpfw I TURRET  on a PanzerstellungA  PzKpfw I TURRET  on a PanzerstellungA  PzKpfw I TURRET  on a PanzerstellungA  PzKpfw I TURRET  on a Panzerstellung

Default Re: A PzKpfw I TURRET on a Panzerstellung

Very interesting, I like

Very cool john, at least it hasnt been scrapped like many others. pitty she isnt on display tho.

Awesome find!!! it would of been better off in your possession or in your own back yard,, if it was going to sit in storage at a Museum,, that you thought would display it! Confusing. Rare to see anything from a PzKpfw I tank. Congrats on a great find!!
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Another in the south of France.
    tourelle - La Pz I Saint Martin des Albères (66)

Great photos and thanks for sharing, it makes you realise how small the panzer 1 really was.

Agreed Gunny, must have a new found respect for the little guys they must have made sit in those death traps
    Lebus thats another cool find where in St Martin was it ?? having trouble locating it on the maps, spent a month in Sth France and sadly had hardly any time for WW2 stuff to look at, was based in Nice.

?

Great find

?

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Awesome find!!! it would of been better off in your possession or in your own back yard,, if it was going to sit in storage at a Museum,, that you thought would display it! Confusing. Rare to see anything from a PzKpfw I tank. Congrats on a great find!!
    Hi Larry,
    Actually i feel sick and tired from their behavior to this historic relic. So last week i told them : " if you are not going to display it, just give it back..!"

John

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast