Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Rare Do 17 discovered off Kent Coast

Article about: Uggg....You's answered my questions. I guess it's a good thing the RAF has some common sense. Thanks for the information. Ron

Default Re: Rare Do 17 discovered off Kent Coast

Uggg....You's answered my questions. I guess it's a good thing the RAF has some common sense. Thanks for the information. Ron

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    its my fave german ww2 aircraft.i know it was not the best of the german bombers , but i like the awkward but no nonsense look of the design. i remember many years ago having a lindberg ?model of a dornier before the airfix kit of the 217e2? came out. cheers, mike

look at this on you tube the the raf museum arranged looks like this will go ahead!!!!!!!

absolutely awesome very excited wheres the hidden Stirling now that would be very exciting!!

Hello,
    This is a wonderful find, I do hope the recovery will go ahead.
    Thank you for posting the video, please keep us informed?
    Many thanks,
    navyman.

i agree wholeheartedly on wargraves however as the crew escaped or were washed up its not technically a grave add to that mix that we spend countless hours in the recovery of fallen comrades from their battlefield graves and repatriate themto war cemetries and you have to question is it a war grave beacasue its a sunken ship and recovery is more expensive than finding a few brave souls who died in the line of duty i recall the us navy is interested in recovering a lost sub in the straights of taiwan im gona put my neck out and say its the narwhal but i could well be wrong its a long time since i read the report . they want to recover her crew for repatriation and curently are up against the stumbling block of it being in thai territorial waters and not having permission , war graves is a sensitive issue and i honestly think that defferment is generally made by governments when the cost outweighs the recovery im sure many of the surviving family members would love a funeral for their loved ones from not only the arizona but many many of the ships and subs that went down with such massive losses of life im not trying to be rude or inconsiderate or anything liek that i have missing family members lying in the fields of france myself and i knew my grandmother never got over her brothers loss in ww1 and would have loved a proper grave to pay respect to up till her dying days so my thoughts were is it costs or respect or a mix of both and apologis guys for going off tangent from this stunning thread and replying to something many will find a tender subject on the positive side this aircraft needs to be recovered and shown to all not only as its is the only known one in existance but also as a tribute to the brave men who gave their all in a war that cost millions

Very exciting to see the aircraft on the seabed. I do hope they can raise it without damaging it too much.

Steve T

this plane has been known about for a number of years,it is not a wargrave.if the RAF recover it I hope they take better care of it than the HE111 they recovered from Norway,it finished up being broken up and scrapped at duxford.

Hi, new to the forum,as im sure you know there is a lancaster wreck and a b17 not far from where the dornier was found. regards martin.

Hi Martin

Welcome to the forum. Are you a diver?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast