Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

THE RECOVERY OF A BLENHEIM MkIVF, FROM THE AEGEAN

Article about: I would love to participate in that project! It would be a perfect opportunity for my University career! Instead i work for the Telecommunications Museum watching old telephones whilst other

Default Re: THE RECOVERY OF A BLENHEIM MkIVF, FROM THE AEGEAN

I would love to participate in that project! It would be a perfect opportunity for my University career! Instead i work for the Telecommunications Museum watching old telephones whilst other Museums here in Greece have exhibits like this!! Life is a bitch...

?

Quote by LizardKing View Post
    I would love to participate in that project! It would be a perfect opportunity for my University career! Instead i work for the Telecommunications Museum watching old telephones whilst other Museums here in Greece have exhibits like this!! Life is a bitch...
    Mike,
    You have to contact the HAF museum "Group of Friends" and let them know your availability for.
    But first be sure that they have some intention to start all over again this project..
    John

Off to Thailand today , I want to pay the Thai airforce museum a visit I understand they pulled a Ki43 or Zero out of the Gulf of Thailand a year ago, as I under stand they did little protection work and all that is left is a pile of chalk.

Quote by jterny View Post
    Mike,
    You have to contact the HAF museum "Group of Friends" and let them know your availability for.
    But first be sure that they have some intention to start all over again this project..
    John
    It doesn't matter if it is this program or another! I just want to somehow help preserve our treasures! It would be ideal participating in a WW2 restoration project! I think it would be a great opportunity to see from first hand such exhibits and learn the procedure of preserving and saving these items!

Wow they sandblasted it?? I would have thought soda blasting might have been easier on a delicate airframe..?

?

You are right "Wow" !!!
    I also don't agree with the method followed by the HAF museum ( even with the complete removal of the upper surfaces - wings and tail-skin panels, in order to remove the mud )..

John

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2