Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Reggiane RE2000 wreck recovered

Article about: The wreck of the fighter plane, discovered one year ago, has been lifted from a 20 mts depth near Porto Venere (La Spezia, Italy) Few pics Liguria, recuperato il relitto del caccia precipita

resheph
    ?

Default Reggiane RE2000 wreck recovered

The wreck of the fighter plane, discovered one year ago, has been lifted from a 20 mts depth near Porto Venere (La Spezia, Italy)

Few pics

Liguria, recuperato il relitto del caccia precipitato nel ?43

Picture caption (in Italian) says that the plane went down because of an engine failure on the 16th of April 1943. It was piloted by 27 years old Luigi Guerrieri. (not in the caption) Luigi survived the crash and the war but he died immediately after (in 1946) while test Flying an american twin engine fighter (lightning?).

Italian state will contribute to the restoration and the plane should be shown (hopefully) at the italian airforce museum (Vigna di Valle).

The company that recovered the plane is the same that lifted the Costa Concordia ... since they have some heavy machinery around I hope they lift something more maybe the Roma battleship ...

Very interesting and thanks for sharing!...

?

Here`s what it used to look like....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Reggiane RE2000 wreck recovered  
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Looking forward to seeing her restored and displayed one day, some much great and rare warbirds continue to come out of the sea but they are fast rotting away and many are already passed anything usable.

Still looks pretty good for 7 decades under water - I go wrinkly after half an hour in the tub ......... d'oh!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

thanks for the info.

?

Interesting. Thanks for posting this tidbit.

Italy had some beautiful planes.

I once owned a Lancia Montecarlo with more rust and rot than that's got, so with luck they can restore it to a reasonable standard for display.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.