Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Relic restoration

Article about: Haha, Geez you are lucky aint you. Talk about a pot of gold! and to get them for free! They would look great on display at the arms and armour swap meet in cannington on the 17th. I would sa

Default Re: Relic restoration

You've done an amazing job with this, very proffessional job I can't wait to see all the weapons cleaned up together

Thanks

Danny

?

Hi Donkihotis..do you know if you can get the wax in spray form? Just be quite difficult to get everywhere especially inside the barrel if the wax is semi solid..

?

Oh on a pull through maybe?

Yeah a pull through would do it alright, but your right about the smaller nooks and crannies

?

Thanks Steve,its slow going but easy because its so slow

Quote by Torch View Post
    Hi Donkihotis..do you know if you can get the wax in spray form? Just be quite difficult to get everywhere especially inside the barrel if the wax is semi solid..
    Hi mate, no it would be impossible to find it in a spray form as it's solid and sticky (and stinky lol)
    A pull through using a rope and a piece of cloth would do it. As for the small parts and corners you can use ear cotton sticks
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

?

Relic restorationRelic restorationRelic restorationRelic restorationRelic restoration

Well few changes,legs broke off due to weight so off the grass and wooden stand to solve that issue,tried stronger mix of washing soda with alot better results but not sure how much if any this will increase the cleaning rate..will keep a good eye on it...threw in a few more pictures of cleaned up barrel/receiver with bolt,extractor and guides laying next too...will have to clamp receiver back together and put a small stitch on to hold it in its original position..am going to rerun the bolt components back through the bath to get the last few bits of scale off and want to see if i can actually get the bolt and pin freed up so i can pull the whole bolt assembly apart,really want to be able to cycle the action...fingers crossed im an optimist!

Fabulous mate, just fabulous!

?

Its coming along well huh..Just need the bipod strut and recoil assembly off that finished barrel/receiver and that'll be one complete..whew!

?

Glad i got it moved today as well but not as glad as the grass im sure lol

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast