Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

relics in barbed structure

Article about: Visiting milltown airfield again always finding new areas to photograph, found a circular barbed structure which I dunno what it is but there are some relics inside it which I jumped in and

The carb looks like a vehicle carb with that kind of float bowl on the side. The blue light looks to be the centre line lights from the perry track while the white lenses look like the side markers.

?

Your concrete circle is an old static water tank,There are lots of them at Crimond.

What looks like an SU carburettor and a break barrel air rifle in that lot

?

An MG42 feedcover, a diana32 Airgun.

Quote by zwerge View Post
    They probably put a fence there because there is a live 1000 lb bomb down there........
    "Just drive these 10 stakes into the ground in a circle here Mick. We're building a little fence. I'll supervise from way over there, got my binos....."

tarek
    ?

Paco my name is Tarek,I am from Lebanon,I have a Fn cal 5.56 that I just bought yesterday, it's 99.99% new.I don't know anything about it.plz plz I urge to email me
    elmoghrabe@Hotmail.com
    I would like to ask u a question plz

Default Circular markings on ground at Milltown airfield - as seen on Google Earth

relics in barbed structurerelics in barbed structureI was recently viewing the airfied using Google Earth and noticed over two dozen strange circular 'markings'. I don't know whether these are "crop markings" indicative of some subterranean structure, or more recent farming/agricultural use. There are at least 2 dozen of these within the area of the runways - but they are not visible as any structure in Google 'street view'. I intend to go and look on the ground, and will post any updates. Well worth a look on Google Earth, as the markings have intriguing detail. Perhaps I'm missing something glaringly obvious ?!

?

Hi iain tt,I'll save you a trip,The circular markings are from the perimiter fences for the old areials from 81 Signals unit at Kinloss when they had a deployment there.

Quote by suu23 View Post
    Hi iain tt,I'll save you a trip,The circular markings are from the perimiter fences for the old areials from 81 Signals unit at Kinloss when they had a deployment there.
    Many thanks suu23. There are certainly strange markings within each individual circle.

Theyre actually repair patches for the ground due to repeated luftwaffe attacks just kidding,

the stone triangular blocks for the ariels are still present and a lot of the electric cables, sure I posted photos somewhere of them here, what I cant find is the hidden entrance to get underneath milltown, found it once but cant find again, can never find it on google maps either

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast