Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

relics in barbed structure

Article about: Visiting milltown airfield again always finding new areas to photograph, found a circular barbed structure which I dunno what it is but there are some relics inside it which I jumped in and

Quote by brataccas View Post
    Theyre actually repair patches for the ground due to repeated luftwaffe attacks just kidding,

the stone triangular blocks for the ariels are still present and a lot of the electric cables, sure I posted photos somewhere of them here, what I cant find is the hidden entrance to get underneath milltown, found it once but cant find again, can never find it on google maps either

Thanks brataccas. The markings within the circles are intriguing ( or mebbe Google E was having a bad day ), and given a decent bit of weather I might pop up and take some photos. Will post photos if anything interesting crops up.

cool, just be careful if you do go on the airfield cos if you get distracted and accidently find and fall into that underground area its a rectangle hole in the ground, possibly partially covered by grass so its kinda dangerous, surprised its not sealed up etc

Quote by brataccas View Post
    cool, just be careful if you do go on the airfield cos if you get distracted and accidently find and fall into that underground area its a rectangle hole in the ground, possibly partially covered by grass so its kinda dangerous, surprised its not sealed up etc
    Thanks, I'll bear that in mind. Was the underground area to do with the wireless installation, or from the airfields previous wartime use?

theres an old ladder that leads down to the underground but all of it is completly flooded inside, I think its the sewage or water system possibly, would love it if were reasonably "clean" and dry to take an explore underneath..

I came across this more recent black & white photo from 'forgotten airfields.com' which seems to show the circles have faded somewhat - or is that just because it is b&w ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture relics in barbed structure  

lol you are obsessed with those circles, theyre nothing more but just wooden fencing that surrounded an ariel, here in this photo I found thats all they are, basic wooden fence:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture relics in barbed structure  

Agreed ! I was just intrigued by the 'patterns' displayed within the enclosures - some of them on Google E looked really wierd.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3