Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Relics from the Luftwaffe

Article about: by Danmark Lastly my equal favourites - gas and oil caps!!!! ......luv em" ........ 1) ...... 2) ..... don't complain about the shipping cost and ..... 3) .... ..... Cheers, Dan Hey Dan

Default Re: Relics from the Luftwaffe

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Lastly my equal favourites - gas and oil caps!!!! ......luv em"

1) ......
    2) ..... don't complain about the shipping cost and .....
    3) ....

Cheers, Dan
    Hey Dan,
    just for what it is worth....if you want you can have send your items from different sources to me and I'll combine all your different buy's into to one parcel!!
    Don't know if it may help!?
    cheers
    |<ris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Dan your a man after my own heart! I love luftwaffe relics. Skin with some paint left is my weakness and so far I have afew pics. Most of them I have mounted from a Guy that does the pics and framing in the US, a couple I have scored on ebay. So far I have:

He.189A W/Nr 788 1/NaGr32 From a crash in Norway
    Bf.109G-4 JG27 Crash in Germany while intercepting B-17's August 1943
    Me262 JG7 Ofw Heinz Arnold from 1945
    FW190 A-8 JG54 Latvia 1944
    BF110G-4 Nightfigher W/Nr730223 2/NJG6 Crashed in Langden Frankfurt in 1944 (also got a second bag of bits from this plane in another auction from the UK, so will mount my own pictures in the future of the aircraft.
    Bf109K-4 JG54 , January 1945
    Il-2 Sturmovik from Kursk Battle July 1943

Relics from the LuftwaffeRelics from the LuftwaffeRelics from the LuftwaffeRelics from the LuftwaffeRelics from the LuftwaffeRelics from the LuftwaffeRelics from the Luftwaffe

Great pieces Jason, I wish I had the provenance to be able to frame some of mine up like you have but as I said in the intro, despite my asking the sellers several times, none had any info as to the aircraft the parts came from. I DO have a big box from a JU-88 nightfighter that crashed in the Teutoburg forest that I DO have details on - but the plane crashed at high speed and the parts are all twisted fragments ....... that's why I have been scouring for recognisable panels etccc. Most of the panels cost me $30-$40 each and the caps $20 - $30 ....... cheap treasure if you are lucky!

Cheers, Dan

Now I also have one more mounted pic, though the camera doesnt have a battery for a pic at the moment. Its a part from a He219A-2 made from components of W/Nr.290148 and 290097 which was partially excavated in Holland. Dave (sandgroper) has the second piece of this aircraft that fits with mine.

These next 2 are from a Do-217M nightfighter/bomber from a crash in Russia, sadly its all I know about this one.

Relics from the LuftwaffeRelics from the Luftwaffe

These are one of my favorites. Its from an Ar234 flown by Oberfeldwebel Friedrich Bruchlos of 8./KG 76 (F1+AS), which was used in attacks on the Ludendorff Bridge at Remagen

Relics from the Luftwaffe

Cheers
    Jason

Thanks Kris,
    I'll keep it in mind. Some have come from Germany, some from the Baltic countries, some from USA.
    Sometimes the shipping can be as much ( or more ) than the cost of the article - but that's what you put up with to live in the LUCKY COUNTRY!!!!
    Cheers, Dan

Finding info is hard but I do think the pieces speak for themselves. I absolutely love nightfighters so I would love to see some bits from the Ju-88! Havent got one of these yet

Jason

A Remagen Arado blitz ...... now that's history!!

Hehe, bought from the digger himself in Germany. He sent me pics of the area, the way it approched and the memorial up for the pilot. I remember when the part arrived I was so excited and to have underside blue left in it I was extreamly happy. My wife looked at it and said you payed $60 for this! lol. I said but its an Ar234! How many people have bits from that!

He had a pic with some green on it for sale at the moment

Have to dig the box outta the garage - hang on for a few days & I'll post the bits up.
    Meanwhile it was a JU88 G-6 werk number 622132 flown by Oberfedwebel Kurt Gabler.
    Part of I./NJG 4 ( Nachtjagdgeschwader 4 ) based at Gutersloh, it crashed in the Teutoburg forest on the night of 3/4 march 1945.
    The crew bailed out and the plane buried itself into the forest floor. It was found by amateur diggers in 2007 and a full excavation has not happen yet as far as I know.

Dan

Sounds fantastic Dan, I might have to try and do a trade with you from some pieces I have from the Bf110 G-4 Crash

Jason

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast