Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Remains of LIBERATOR

Article about: Great work Bob! best rgds, Ty

?

Default Re: Remains of LIBERATOR

Interesting turn of events ....to say the least!

Fuzilier
    ?

Default Re: Remains of LIBERATOR

Any chance you'd consider sharing more of your 454th BG pics?

Thanks!

Erik

Hi Mr. Lipton,

Thank you so much for your contribution to this thread, my uncle was Edward Silverman and was one of the four that did not make it so I truly appreciate any information that can provide that is not in the MACR. I have always wondered about the mission and the results and you have provided some of that for us all. Do you know if there were any pictures of the Miss Marjorie I have been looking for them for some time.

Joel Silverman

Hi Roy,

Are you still active on this site if you are I would like to contact you as my Uncle was Edward L Silverman one of the crew who was killed on the plane by enemy fire.

Regards,
    Joel Silverman

MAP
    ?

Quote by jsilver123 View Post
    Hi Roy,

Are you still active on this site if you are I would like to contact you as my Uncle was Edward L Silverman one of the crew who was killed on the plane by enemy fire.

Regards,
    Joel Silverman
    He seems to have had only one post from over 6 years ago so I doubt he is active. You might want to send him a PM or better yet use the email option. In post #45, click on his name and you will see the option for sending an email.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

wonder what part number that reads on that panel...

I just wanted to give an update to this site and let you all know how helpful it has been for me. Last week I had the great honor to meet Mr. Richard M. Lipton the bombardier from the Liberator that crashed Nov 22, 1944, over 72 years ago. He was able to fill in all the missing details of that day, and answer many of my questions. He shared his story with me and from when he was woken up at 3:00 to join this crew to when his POW camp was liberated by Patton. What an amazing man he is. I am attaching a picture of him and me as well as a picture of part of the crew of that plane. My Uncle is in the back row second from the right I am not sure of any of the other men in the picture.

Regards,
    Joel Silverman
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Remains of LIBERATOR   Remains of LIBERATOR  

?

One of the best threads i have ever seen on this forum - Bravo

?

I love history ; )

Great job guys

Hi Matilda! I recently gained some items from a member of this crash. I shot ya a PM, in case you are still active on here.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast