Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Russian,T34/76A,Tank,recovery

Article about: Hi Guys &Gals Came across article about a Russian T34/76A tank with German markings, recovered with 116 shells still on board from a lake bed in Estonia. Evidently this Russian tank was

Thumbs up Russian,T34/76A,Tank,recovery

Hi Guys &Gals
    Came across article about a Russian T34/76A tank with German markings, recovered with 116 shells still on board from a lake bed in Estonia. Evidently this Russian tank was captured by the Germans and probably saw battle on the Narva Front in 1944. Military Historians and locals dragged it from the lake bed intact and in excellent condition, and they claim it didn't need much fiddling to get the motor running.
    I tried to post the pictures but never had much luck with that. There's 13 picks plus a page of story line so it's quite a large file.
    If anyone is interested you can Email me and I'll gladly send you the complete file. Maybe you'll have better luck posting it. It's too good to discard and needs posting so other members can drool over it also. Cheers.

Last edited by Paul D; 05-14-2012 at 09:33 AM.

Default Re: Russian,T34/76A,Tank,recovery

Thanks, but we already have this story on the forum.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

The T34 was recovered in the year 2000 and the film / photos have been circulating for the last 12 years including numerous times on this forum , very old news i'm afraid Charles,

I've removed your e mail
    as if anyone hasn't seen this before a search of the forum will reveal all they need to know !!

cheers

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Quote by Paul E View Post
    The T34 was recovered in the year 2000 and the film / photos have been circulating for the last 12 years including numerous times on this forum , very old news i'm afraid Charles,

I've removed your e mail
    as if anyone hasn't seen this before a search of the forum will reveal all they need to know !!

cheers

Paul
    Thanks guys, Jolly good show, I figured it would be on the site, but I searched a few times and couldn;t find it, probably lookin' in the wrong place as usual. Wasn't expecting it to be new, had it for a while myself. No harm done. cheers.