Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sd.Kfz.250 Recovered in Poland today!....

Article about: https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=49&v=1rgUSm-EnTs Just found this but can't find any more info on it!.....

?

Continental was still exporting in the beginning of the war so the English isn't too weird and if the thing was covered in clay silt and the water was cold it wouldn't rust too much-

MAP
    ?

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    I'd be worried if they said made in West Germany!.....
    Would you expect prior to WW2, Germany was exporting Conti's thereby needing the "make in Germany" and thus using old molds during the war?

Or worse, are the tires post re-unification???
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Would you expect prior to WW2, Germany was exporting Conti's thereby needing the "make in Germany" and thus using old molds during the war?

Or worse, are the tires post re-unification???
    You hit the nail on the head, Conti were exporting to lots of other countries before the war started, even though this is a mid to late war vehicle i doubt they would have modified the tyre mold to get rid of the English text!...

I have seen numerous Continental marked items here in the US including shoes, boots, tires and other products as exports. Made in Germany does not seem out of place at all. But it would be helpful to have more information about this vehicle. NH

?

I really, really like this half track.

this is a picture from the one i do in scale:
    Sdkfz 250/9
    As original part of the vehicule, i add an original skate.

Sd.Kfz.250  Recovered in Poland today!....

Sd.Kfz.250  Recovered in Poland today!....

I agree if they just clean it and stabilize the rust it can be an awesome.
    For the Made in Germany, it was for export. All german industry doesn' t work for the Reich only.
    I saw the same type of question few months ago for a " Mein Kampf" there was a " Printed in Germany" inside.

Damned now i want to buy an another model scale for this one...

An amazing find and for me no issues at all with the lack of rust given the conditions or the English branding of the rubber for all the reasons already mentioned.
    I would be interested to know what the local folk lore says about the history of this vehicle though and how it came to be in this pit. I would guess that the apparent lack of any weapons or general equipment that it was dumped after the end of hostilities having been fully cleared. Perhaps having been used locally during the early post war days. History tells us that many ex wehrmacht vehicles were used to fill the gap in available mechanised equipment to be used as tractors or goods vehicles etc. Personally, unles this turns out to be significant in its' own right I would rather see it fully restored if that is viable. If you watch the clip that follows the one linked here on YouTube I think it probably is!

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Sd.Kfz.250  Recovered in Poland today!....Sd.Kfz.250  Recovered in Poland today!....Sd.Kfz.250  Recovered in Poland today!....Sd.Kfz.250  Recovered in Poland today!....Sd.Kfz.250  Recovered in Poland today!....Sd.Kfz.250  Recovered in Poland today!....
    Just found a few more photos!...

These pics show that the potential for restoration is even greater than the first impression. I would love a closer look at those trays in the storage bin behind the front wheel. Also there looks to be some kind of equipment in the bins along the body side.

I do hope we get to see this when it is fully restored.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

That is fantastic! Thanks Gunny
    Now that is a relic I would love to have on my lawn!!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

?

They need help for cleaning ??
    I can take one month holiday...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast