Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Sellng Price/Value Of Pak 40 AT Wheels?

Article about: This is probably a difficult question but I have a party that is interested in my Pak 40 wheels, so what would be the likely selling price for my set, as difficult as that may be? I'm talkin

Default Sellng Price/Value Of Pak 40 AT Wheels?

This is probably a difficult question but I have a party that is interested in my Pak 40 wheels, so what would be the likely selling price for my set, as difficult as that may be?
    I'm talking Euros, so €100, a €1000 or what? I've really no idea.

Cheers,
    Tom.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Sellng Price/Value Of Pak 40 AT Wheels?  

Default Re: Sellng Price/Value Of Pak 40 AT Wheels?

Hi Tom, I would estimate a value of around 500 Euros.

Cheers, Ade.

Thanks Ade,
    I was thinking maybe a bit more. A bloke on another forum said that he saw a Panther wheel go for €500 in France while a track link went for €200.
    Apparently these wheels are needed to complete a restoration of a Pak so they would appear to be farely critical to the build.

Tom.

Quote by Tommygunn View Post
    Thanks Ade,
    I was thinking maybe a bit more. A bloke on another forum said that he saw a Panther wheel go for €500 in France while a track link went for €200.
    Apparently these wheels are needed to complete a restoration of a Pak so they would appear to be farely critical to the build.

Tom.
    If you're getting more money than you originally paid for it you should sell it, at the end of the day its a set of wheels which are quite honestly a bit useless to you as you dont have the gun that sits on them It'll be good to know that they are going towards restoring a complete gun, and maybe one day you'll see the same gun and be able to know that aided the restoration

Thanks

Danny

Danny,
    It cost me nowt. The builders couldn't have cared less and they were happy for me to remove a near half tonne of steel from the site.

I'll ask him to put in an offer and we'll take it from there.

Tom.

Well, if it was nothing what do you have to lose?

Thanks

Danny

Hi Tom, the thing is the prices you quoted are for tank parts and these always fetch a premium price, especially Panther or Tiger related items. A PAK while nice, is not as sought after.

I have seen a lot of different German vehicle/gun wheels for sale over the years. The big War & Peace show at Beltring UK always yeilds a few. The average price is around 250 a wheel. So that is what I base my estimate upon. See what the guy offers you? But I honestly think 500 would be fair. I would share Danny's sentiments about them.

Cheers, Ade.