Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Shipping relic stg44 to the UK

Article about: Selling a Normandie recovered STG44 relic I have and it might be going to the UK --- now, I know the laws over there are exceedingly strict... as, say, opposed to here in Norway, but even th

Default Shipping relic stg44 to the UK

Selling a Normandie recovered STG44 relic I have and it might be going to the UK --- now, I know the laws over there are exceedingly strict... as, say, opposed to here in Norway, but even though I've read through several threads it's still not clear to me what's considered a "firearm" and therefore under very strict control as opposed to an unusable relic/curio weapon.
    The gun itself has no internals, drilled barrel, cut and/or fully seized bolt etc. --- see pics below.

Any advice appreciated!

This item is certainly legal in the UK, as there is a provision in the law for 'weapons deactivated by other means' which covers relic weapons. I have bought several relic weapons from Europe and had them shipped here with no problems. You can of course never be absoloutley certain that a customs official will not take exception to it.

Thank you for the input! That's kind of what I was thinking as well, that it would come under some "deact by other means" legislation. Any advice on how I should ship it? The magazine will obviously not ship inserted --

I brought a rusted solid P38 back from Poland a few years ago and declared it at customs, an official looked at it and let me through with no problems!....

Well, this all made me that much more comfortable going through with this sale --- thanks to the both of you!

My friend, the late Stan Dobson, had over the years, several machine guns in relic condition confiscated by the authorities when he tried to bring them back. As always, it is down to the individual who checks the item and decides whether it constitutes a 'threat' and should be impounded.

Thanks for the input, Harry --- I'd like to see the official that's threatened by this one though. To some degree I can understand clueless and rather jumpy officials being skeptical of complete relic examples but this one's basically a drilled/deact barrel with a rusty perforated sheet metal appendage. But, yes... I guess there's always a risk.

Quote by slados28 View Post
    Thanks for the input, Harry --- I'd like to see the official that's threatened by this one though. To some degree I can understand clueless and rather jumpy officials being skeptical of complete relic examples but this one's basically a drilled/deact barrel with a rusty perforated sheet metal appendage. But, yes... I guess there's always a risk.
    You could club somebody to death with it!.....

Haha --- well, that usage I can understand the authorities not being very appreciative of

Imagine the headlines:

Man clubbed to death using relic ww2 gun/paperweight, all heavy objects now banned worldwide
    A Brave New World

This is the first time I've heard of StG44s being used in Normandy...interesting! Awesome Relic, friend!
    cheers, Glenn

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast