Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

spent rifle case to ID from battlefield

Article about: Nothing really special here,besides that I found it in a new area were yugoslav partisans fought against germans. It looks like a Mauser K98 case but I never found these markings before. Any

?

Default spent rifle case to ID from battlefield

Nothing really special here,besides that I found it in a new area were yugoslav partisans fought against germans. It looks like a Mauser K98 case but I never found these markings before. Anyone would be so kind to help with the ID? thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture spent rifle case to ID from battlefield   spent rifle case to ID from battlefield  

Regards

Matt

?

It looks like the German Fraktur letter U if so then it is an early mark for Utendorffer,Nuremburg,Germany....but I could be wrong.....Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

?

Thanks Pete! No year marking or 1916? it would be strange
    Regards

Matt

Maybe it is from the WWI?

?

Quote by Zeller View Post
    Thanks Pete! No year marking or 1916? it would be strange
    Yes,it should be lot 5 in 1916 and the S67 is the case composition,67% copper,33% zinc,I thought you only needed the maker?
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

?

Quote by Frundsberg View Post
    Maybe it is from the WWI?
    Yes, or a cartridge from a huntingparty. All depends how many more he will find in the same caliber. I doubt only one shot would have been fired if it has been used in battle.

My 2 centavos worth..

?

Quote by TrondK View Post
    Yes, or a cartridge from a huntingparty. All depends how many more he will find in the same caliber. I doubt only one shot would have been fired if it has been used in battle.

My 2 centavos worth..
    Or maybe a sniper,one shot,one kill....
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

?

I found it together with similar others in a wood near a partisan base. the place has been "humanized" alot in the years, there's a hiking trail nearby, so all the cases were damaged, pressed or broken. This was the only one with readible markings. It would be unusual to find ww1 cases like this, unless it's from old ammo stocks distributed to partisans.
    Regards

Matt