MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

From a Spitfire crash site.

Article about: by ian_ Here is the position of the engine starting plug cover, underneath the exhaust on the side of the engine. I'll try and scan some others for you Matteo. Many thanks for photo. If you

?

Default Re: From a Spitfire crash site.

Quote by ian_ View Post
    Here is the position of the engine starting plug cover, underneath the exhaust on the side of the engine. I'll try and scan some others for you Matteo.
    Many thanks for photo. If you find some other please post!!

?

Hello Matteo, here are a couple more Spitfire scans. first is the pressure relief valve on a Spit having an engine change. Second is a rudder frame being repaired. Fabric will be stretched over to finish it off. You can just see the little tag fitted to yours. Hope this helps, Ian.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture From a Spitfire crash site.   From a Spitfire crash site.  

?

Quote by ian_ View Post
    Hello Matteo, here are a couple more Spitfire scans. first is the pressure relief valve on a Spit having an engine change. Second is a rudder frame being repaired. Fabric will be stretched over to finish it off. You can just see the little tag fitted to yours. Hope this helps, Ian.
    Many thanks. If you have others plase send me.

gordon
    ?

Hello Matteo,

Picture 8, item on the right with 30050 35 56 stamped on it is a Spitfire main undercarriage retraction jack trunnion. The jacks moved up and down slightly during retraction of the undercarriage and this trunnion allowed the ram eye-end to swivel.

I found recently as well the "ring"' on a crash site in Holland of a spitfire

?

Piece below the engine thermostat relief valve is the frame from a trim tab from one of the control surfaces - it is typical Spitfire construction - the small tab should have the drawing / part number on it.

thanks for sharing, some great finds

Your last picture as already alluded to, is a ring pin.

From a Spitfire crash site.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2